to the z owners...

well my 300zx is running and is on the road =D little problem is that the fan clutch isn’t spining fast(the one that uses the pulley)…i m planning to replace fan clutch so would that fix it or m i looking at more then just a fan clutch? when i rev it the fan still spins the same so …ya…

also by the fenders there is some sort of exhaust thing? well mine is open on one side should i plug it?

Congrats on gettng your car up and running.

Can you describe what you are seeing on your fender? I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to get across. Any pics?

welll you see last owner was a idiot…he sorta cut off this vacum/exhaust thing? well tehre is pretty much a open exhaust inside the right fender. the left side he dind’t play with but the right side he took it off i onnno why either he thot by unplugging it he made the exahust sound louder by coming out of the side…but my dad is going to plug it up. my real problem is when i drive it my temperature gauge bounces sometimes and my fan clutch is not spinning properly…it should be spinning fast when i rev it…but it stays the same speed when fan spins. i know the fan should spin faster because the fan clutch is driven by the pulley and i had my friend to come by n he was watching n the fan is not spinning…faster when it revs up…

Sometimes it takes a little bit for the revs of the fan to come up, that’s the whole reason that they are clutched. Try holding the throttle open for a little longer.

It does sound like your clutch might be on the way out though. What year Z do you have?

1990 300zx, i held the thorttle at like 4000rpm for a while at neautral n fan dind’t spin any faster

Ahhhh, damn Z32s. Unfortunately I don’t have an extra one for you. You could try checking some junkyards.

chrome do u drive a grey z31 with n-e-c-c or v8less on the side window?

That would be me.