To those with aftermarket motorcycle alarms.....

What kind of system are you using and generally looking for recommandations. Anyone using Scropio SR-i900?

Thanks.

I hear good things about that model, Thought about picking one up. Someone is always looking to off load it for 250. it’s just all that wiring that needs be done.

Personally I wouldn’t go with a specific motorcycle alarm. They tend to be horribly overpriced over a normal auto alarm. I ran an auto alarm in my R6 for 2 years with no issues. The only thing I did was crack open the brain and silicone it to give it some extra water protection… but if you mount it correctly you shouldn’t have to worry about it.

yupp, I’ve had one for over a year now

Its a great system but the alarm gets annoying. Damn squirrels set my perimeter sensor off all the time :lol. Sometimes the wind sets it off too if the bike is under the cover. I have it almost on the lowest setting. Besides that it works great.

But I think an alarm is unnecessary unless you park outside a lot. And even if you do park outside the perimeter sensor is so sensitive your alarm would be going off all the time if you parked near a busy area (like a sidewalk or a motorcycle parking area with a lot of bikes coming and going).

Luckily the alarm also comes with a tilt/shock sensor, so you can turn the perimeter sensor off and just rely on the tilt/shock sensor. But that sensor isn’t very sensitive, you have to give it a good bump to set it off. If someone trys to pick your bike up and put it into a truck it would probably go off, but it wouldn’t go off if someone tried stealing your fairings (I’ve seen this happen btw, and it sucks almost as much as someone stealing the whole bike).

Check out the Gorilla Alarm with the optional perimeter sensor. It doesn’t have the fancy remote but it’ll do the job. The fancy remote really isn’t a big deal tho anyway, its actually kinda annoying since you always gotta charge it and its only got two buttons to do all the changing off the settings and stuff. They really should’ve made the remote easier to use, with like a 4-way directional button and an “enter” button.

Edit: Lastly the price sucks. I paid about $300ish with all the options and the harness.

Believe me, go to this man for any wiring needs.