Toll workers...

So, lately I have been taking the thruway to work to see if it really saves me any time. My cheap prepaid EZ pass is used up, so I have to go through the toll booth with the real people.

These people are some real characters. You get everyone from the ethnic high school dropout, to the guy reading the paper who doesn’t even look at you, to the grouchy woman shoving tickets at you, etc… etc…

Well, today I encountered what I would consider my absolute favorite so far.

Me: Pulls up to exit 24 toll booth.
Guy: “Hey, how are you”
Me: “Good, thanks.”
(Digging for change in cup holder)
Guy: “What’s up?”
Me: “Umm, just going to work?”
Guy: “It’s too fucking cold.”
Me: “Yeah it is.”
(Hands over ticket and change)
Guy: Thanks man, see ya later.

I wish I was not already running late. I would have loved to try and hold a conversation with this kid. He looked high out of his mind, without a care in the world. I know there is only a certain level of professionalism to be expected in a job like that, but this kid just took the cake as far as not giving a fuck. At the time I was freaked out, but once I got out of the booth I could not stop laughing. This kid, was to put it simply, the man.

wow, …cool

Oh come on, you never had a weirdo toll worker? :lol

nothing like getting paid a good paycheck to sit in a booth and watch retards go by

i love the toll people. i remember this one smart ass kid saying sumthing under his breath about my car or sumthing. then another kid said like “merry valentine” in like oct. there are some great ones out there.

word to that. Pretty much sums up my job! lol

Not having to give a fuck feels pretty damn good.

That’s what I mean…
The usual “Hi, thanks, have a nice day” you expect that.
But this kid just threw me for a loop big time.

cool story
:haha

:lol

It’s not meant to be cool.
I found it humorous how out there this kid was.

Nicole you need better stories

My life isn’t really exciting enough for better stories.

This thread puzzles me.

I guess I was thinking someone else might have a weird toll booth story to share?
But it turns out that’s not the case… so it’s just a boring thread.

Amen to that

I went through a toll a couple of weeks ago and all I had was a $100 bill. The guy was pissed. Gave me all sorts of attitude and shit. So I apologized to him for making him have to put his novel down so he could hand me change. He was even more pissed…

How about don’t be fucking retarded and pay with a $100 on something that’s a couple dollars.

I’d be pissed too.

If i hit the lotto, im getting a job as a toll booth worker. its the least responsibility and im going to bring drugs with me. it’ll make the day MAGICAL

READ THE POST. It was all I had. :wierd

i love it when you get a random hot ass girl toll worker… damn they are rare!

so you happened to find a $100 bill on the thruway without passing a single bank or business that could more easily break the bill on the way? doubtful.

I actually love it when people break 100s in my booth, I give them back 97 dollar bills, you’re lucky to get a 5. If I’m going to have to make change in my drawer might as well make it count.