Tonawanda engine plant hiring if anyone interested.Update post 50ish

No one should be making 28/hr for UNSKILLED labor

Strippers make approx. $20 for every 3 minute song. GOD BLESS STRIPPERS!

No they don’t…The club takes a % of lapdances…

He said UNSKILLED work!

:word:

Not at Sundowners!

Kind of true but we don’t have any screws, lol.The few newbies that started last week are treated just like someone with 30 years.You want a break,just raise your hand and the lead man will come give ya one.From what I’ve seen so far,everyone is fitting in and doing just fine.
As far as truck driving,NEVER happen.I guess the list is a mile long now with many 25yr+ guys on the list.The old guys see us young-ins on the truck and a light bulb goes off.
To all the people that have asked me how to get an app,You HAVE to know someone that works there as you need their ‘#’.Each employee got one app and can only put down 1 name.I did manage to grab about 8 more apps but would need 8 peoples #'s to turn them is.
What I will do for NYSpeed, is tonight at work I’ll ask people if they are getting someone in and if not I’ll grab their Number.I’ll post up here and if I get someone I’ll need your info as They have to be turned in tonight or maybe tomorrow.My breaks are 6:30,9:00, and 11:30 and Pat has first dibs as He has a 30th.I’ll post up if I get any

:tup: get pat a job so he can keep fixing his pos

Seeing as I keep getting PM’s with different ?'s I’ll try and answer them here.
1)Starting pay $14 or 15 an hour and time and a half after 8 hrs

2)Hours: start times- 6AM or 4PM and you will work at least 8 hrs + an unpaid lunch. Both the lines that you would most likely be working on are on MANDATORY overtime.They usually work 1 or sometimes 2 hrs over.Obviously dayshift could only work 1.5 hrs over.They both will be working some saturdays in the near future.You pretty much have to work if the line is working but it is time and a half.

1. You can’t work part time and they won’t work around your landscaping job!!!I can’t believe how many people keep PM’ing me about a question similar to this.Sorry If it seems like I’m being a prick in this one but this is GM not McD’s or Timmy Ho’s.

2. No one knows how long this job will last!!!It will be at least 90 days(unless you screw up) and If I had to guess, 6 mos.Take this into consideration when deciding your future.Is there a chance you could become permanent?Yes.Is it assured?No,but I believe you will have a pretty good chance in the near future.

3. Gross pay should be between $7-800 a week AVERAGE.One week you might make $650 the next week $900.Right now the two lines you should be working on are working about 55 hrs a week.

6)You can only get in by having your name put on a referral by a current employee.I will be trying to get as many extras as I can tonight.

Hope this sheds some light on everything.It isn’t really that bad of a job.Most jobs you will be working with a group of people and you do a different job every half hr so it isn’t that boring.If you can get a decent group of people you WILL have a decent time.Also they have been hiring some pretty decent college engineers(girls) for your viewing pleasure the last few weeks
D

Big :tup: D

Also there will be 1000 referrals given out,I’m sure not all will be used but they will only be hiring approx. 60 people.So if only 600 people get referrals placed you’d have a 10% of getting in.I’m sure if you have a bad criminal record,poor interview,etc you won’t get hired as well so a better chance for the deserving.

can i get a pm with some info im very interested. being a forklift parts guy is boring as fuck

It’s not for $30 an hr:wiggle:
D

Don’t you guys take hair samples there? At Delphi 1 in 4 were turned away solely for that lol. Trash.

Also, Mistero. Is Tonawanda accepting anymore flowbacks?

I hope not but I’m sure they will forever.Pretty much every person that comes over from Delphi,has more time then me.9.5 yrs seniority and I have 50 people under me.7 yrs ago I had 120 under me.

Thanks again D. Sorry i was such a bitch to get ahold of. Beating on the 30th again wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

that sucks in a way. I dont know anyone that works at GM. What about retirees??? I want a referral.