Top 5 Hated Bands?

DMB
Metallica
Good Charlotte
Gym Class Heroes

^ totally disagree with DMB and Metallica. But gC definatly sucks balls

because country is for uneducated, ignorant hicks. you dont fit that catagory, do you?

is “GIT ERRR DONEEEE!!!” part of your everyday vocabulary?

country is fucking awful. i would rather shove a sharp object directly into my ear canal than have to put up with that shit. i get into arguments about music with people like you all the time at local bars, and i always win. probably because they cant form sentances properly. hamburg is becoming overrun by fucking hicks from eden and boston, goddanm pickemup trucks everywhere. i cnat go into a local bar without hearing some shithead whining about his dog running away. or his girl leavin him. with the awful twangy giiiiiitars and lyrics so simple a monkey could have writen them. i fucking hate it.

sorry bout the rant.

I listen to all music… not just country. I grew up with my grandparents and subsequently ended up listening to it quite frequently. I don’t like all of it… but it’s nice to listen to sometimes when I’m feeling “redneck”.

So I’m not “you people”. So don’t hate :slight_smile:

A large part of musical taste is influenced by who you want to be, admire, associate with, etc. There’s no “musical taste gene.” Hm. Food for thought.

This is why some people who cling to individuality feel threatened when more and more people start to like an unknown band that they like. It’s also easy to see why many people under the age of 30 don’t want to be associated with country music. It carries that “old people” or “redneck” stigma which is perceived as baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

1. Creed
  2. NIckelback
  3. Live
  4. Staind
  5. Default

Pretty much anything that gets overplayed on 103.3 is on my hate list.

Ironic that a station who calls themselves the “Edge” plays mostly 10 year old music…

hhaha you know, however honestly it is the music from the late 80s early 90s i love to hear on the radio its all this new fangled shit that drives me nuts, that and the edge has no sack.

i second this notion. that’s all that they put on at work. every fucking day i would hear “look at this photograph everytime i do it makes me laugh”. what a piece of shit song.

then right after is that awful avenged sevenfold band

followed by some overplayed beastie boys song and crazy train. oh god forbid they play something different like war pigs or sweet leaf. and if we’re lucky, we can hear a smashing pumpkins song, marking the highpoint of my day.

i hate that radio station with a passion.

i can’t get down with too many of the new country jams, most of which are overly christian, pro-war, pro-bush.

seriously, what’s that boot up your ass song all about? eff that.

That is about my list…

That new Korn song makes me want to shove a nail in my pee-hole so my screams cover up the hideous noise coming from the radio.

And the Black Eyed Peas… I would LOVE it if their tour plane exploded in a fireball and annhilated them.

It pisses me off to no ends how they totally ripped Dick Dale’s “Miserlou”, added some talent-LESS hackjob shouting to it, and all these teeny bitcha have NOOOOO fucking clue who Dick Dale is and prolly think Black Eyed Peas made that shit. DIAF.

For the record…Dick Dale is awesome himself.

Modern Country can go play in the streets in Iraq. I swear my 8 year old little cousin could write a song with more depth and meaning than they do.

Newer Metallica. Sucks. Older Metallica, like anything off “Kill 'Em All” is awesome. When it was actually Metal.

U2…“elevation” and “vertigo” those songs are hideous. Older U2 is good.

It’d be interesting to see everyone who posted here’s favorite 5-10 bands. I’ll go first:
-Sublime
-Matthew Good (Band)
-Tea Party
-Atmosphere
-Bad Religion
-Pennywise
-Jedi Mind Tricks
-Sizzla
-A Tribe Called Quest
-Big Sugar

Or you could go to that thread and post with the others :stuck_out_tongue:

or you could give me a topic. any topic. and i could write you a country song in 7 minutes.

oh how bout this one? i heard this song at the bar tonight and went to the jukebox just to see who it was so i could get the meaningful, moving, insightful lyrics this briliant musician has to offer us…

I can make anybody pretty.
I can make you believe any lie.
I can make you pick a fight with somebody twice your size.
Well, I’ve been known to cause a few break-ups,
An’ I’ve been known to cause a few births.
Well, I can make you new friends, or get you fired from work.

And since the day I left Milwaukee,
Lynchburg an’ Bordeaux, France,
Been making the bars lots of big money,
An’ helpin’ white people dance.
I got you in trouble in High School,
But College, now that was a ball.
You had some of the best times you’ll never remember with me:
Alcohol; Alcohol.

I got blamed at your wedding reception,
For your best man’s embarrassing speech.
And also for those naked pictures of you at the beach.
I’ve influenced Kings and world leaders,
I helped Hemingway write like he did.
And I’ll bet you a drink or two, that I can make you put that lampshade on your head.

‘Cause since the day I left Milwaukee,
Lynchburg and Bordeaux, France,
I been making a fool out of folks just like you,
An’ helping white people dance.
I am medicine and I am poison,
I can help you up or make you fall.
Alcohol.

Yeah, since the day I left Milwaukee,
Lynchburg an’ Bordeaux, France,
Been making the bars lots of big money,
(Helpin’ white people dance.)
Yeah, I got you in trouble in High School,
But College, now that was a ball.
Alcohol; Alcohol.

(Alcohol.)
(Alcohol.)
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na.
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na.

lol

Cause I’m a redneck woman,
I ain’t no high class broad.
[size=2] I’m just a product of my raisin’
And I say “hey y’all” and “Yee Haw”
And I keep my Christmas lights on, on my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here’s to all my sisters out there keepin’ it country
Let me get a big “Hell Yeah” from the redneck girls like me
Hell Yeah[size=-2]
[/size] [/size]

corey makes a real good point.

what about those who listen to everything :slight_smile:

I listen to a little of everything, but there are still bands I hate. DMB for example.

DMB does suck, and I know we all hate shit.

Just saying. he had a good analysis of why people like what they do, and I was saying, what about those that like a lot of variety :slight_smile:

how dare you group them with creed. Pearl Jam > *.rockbandscreatedafter1970

followed by STP, RATM, U2, REM, RHCP, Live, TTH.

Although I dont agree with the magnitude of your liking of them…Pearl Jam is an awsome band indeed. One of my favorite alternative bands.