top gear tonight

I love it… People are comparing the two (both being Top Gear) and then complain because they take some things from the UK version… Really? That’s like a foreign version of “The Apprentice” and complaining when the boss says “you’re fired” when he lets people go.

Here’s what I don’t like about the show…

1. Camera angles need word, along with quality.
  2. Microphone quality. When they were doing burnouts and shit in the Viper, I didn’t care to hear how screechingly annoying the tires were.
  3. The episode being brought to you by Mercedes-Benz. This automatically shows that the US versions of car reviews will be very different than the UK versions because the companies would most certainly not allow the hosts to talk shit about their cars because they are sponsoring the show.

As for the Mike Rowe comments… That’d make it even worse. Yes, Mike has a great TV personality, but think of his Ford endorsement. He prolly makes a shit ton of money from them, so he won’t give it up. Then if he gets on TG… There’s no doubt if they review the Mustang or any other Ford product, he’ll tell everyone it’s the greener grass on the other side and how awesome it is. He certainly wouldn’t be able to badmouth it and not lose his endorsement. I don’t feel like watching an hour long Ford commercial.

Just my $.02.

shit was fucking horrible.

say $650 for a cup holder in a lambo is bullshit does not constitute for an insult. and that was as close to a complaint we got

Technically they haven’t had a car “review” yet. Dodge was more like a feature.

I’m not going to lie though, I’m not expecting bashing of cars on the show, not now, not in the future.

I just can’t see it happening. Commenting on short comings - maybe as Brew points out, but not bashing of new cars. Older cars - sure.

We shall see.

I watched it last night. I didn’t really think it was that bad or that good either. You can’t really expect it to instantly be as good as the European version though.

only time will tell i guess, the hosts kind of suck tho

This made me depressed about TGUSA even though I’m a supporter of it.

exactly. The took the first segment that really got top gear noticed in the states and raped it with a half assed car and half assed “chase”

I agree as stated a page ago… they need to utter the word rubbish more.

I’m not depressed they re-created the scene, I was well aware of the original episode.

The execution when compared is incredibly awkward. Jeremy and his persona seem to be able to take any topic and subject and execute it well.

The major problem is, it’s not JUST the hosts, it’s really not - the production team for TGUSA seems to be sub par.

If they recreated the episode shot for shot, word for word I would watch it and say they are bad hosts. But they way they did it, the shots they used, the script they read and the general editing was simply dreadful.

Giving them another shot tonight.

The hosts suck. Without good hosts, the show is going to be subpar at best.

“IT’S LIKE PAMELA ANDERSON! HEHEHEHE!”

Awful.

Brewmasters is on at the same time and is a far better show, I recommend checking that out and watching Top Gear when you can catch the reruns.

Tonights episode is looking alot better then last weeks

Truth. I actually laughed at something.

should of tried to do something original instead of trying to americanize a british show

good episode so far, and i see they are starting to take some shots. good for them!

No cable here =(

LOL. Starting to call the British liar’s!

god that Aston martin V12 in that blue is down right NASSTY

Like ugly nasty.

I want a Aston now thou… hmmm

In Quantum Silver Metallic :slight_smile:

Only thing I didn’t like so far in ep 2 was “Cherub Rock” by the Smashing Pumpkins being bastardized by some nameless studio band during the Aston review. Pay the royalty to use the real song or don’t play it at all.