top gear tonight

I just thought of something.

I’m personally willing to bet, there will come a day when many American viewers who are not car “guys” will become fans of the show and will watch it, along the likes of “Pawn stars” as just another show, but then, one day, they might discover UK TopGear with Clarkson and the crew.

They will watch it, and they will find their accents strangely unusual to the show format and without knowing the characters might even comment on their poor interaction with each other

/ineedcable
/sittingandwaitingforHistorychanneltouploadthenewepisodeonlinesoicanwatchit

didnt even waste my time watching it

same here, a lotta 'bib cream on there

OMFG THE DOG. :rofl :rofl

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/playlists/exclusives#rutledges-project-car

Interesting, so at least he’s a little bit of a car guy.

I was with him on a cool project, until he said Rota’s. :facepalm

The dog pissing is exactly what the show needed to look less staged

Blind mans dog pissing on the stage was hilarious. Good episode and I can’t wait till next week

I’m glad I’m not the only one that noticed that.

ahh yes the bib creme

This.

I want to try that Chicha after watching tonight’s episode, even though I did feel like vomiting when they showed the employees spitting and chewing the corn.

Episode 2 is now online

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/playlists/full-episodes#top-gear-blind-drift

I can honestly say the show was entertaining this time around.

Found a good quote from Jalopnik went a ride with them for episode 2 and gave some insights to details

The one thing you absolutely must know is they really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, don’t want you to hate them.

If there’s one overwhelming concept to understand about the U.S. version of Top Gear it’s not that Jeremy Clarkson and wünderproducer Andy Wilman review the footage, or that a Brit with a biting sense of humor helms the production. It has nothing to do with a crew experienced working on episodes of the original Top Gear or, after exhaustive questioning, that it turns out the occasionally pink tuxedoed Rutledge Wood is a car guy of amusingly diverse tastes.

Like the popular high school cheerleader who transfers to a new school senior year, they are almost pathological in their determination to prove they belong at the cool kids table. A curious pursuit when you consider, in this metaphor, the table is filled with lame pretenders (buff book shows) and one polite, but increasingly senile music teacher (MotorWeek).
Whether this translates into a good show, worthy of the mantle of Top Gear, is for you to judge. I spent one day in the desert with the crew, one of the hosts, and two Aston Martins. It felt like an episode of Top Gear, it looked like an episode of Top Gear, but was it? It’s the only thing I can’t tell you. Below is an exhaustive list of things I can tell you.

Top gear on now.

Any predictions?

seems less awkward then previous episode so far…much better.

Yeah I agree, humor is better indeed.

I wish they had the news and the coolwall.

Its slowly getting better. Its still way better then no top gear

they seem to just do these challenges and big star little car. not to many car reviews

“you can’t drive like this unless you have the best in automotive engineering”
“Top Gear is sponsored by Mercedes Benz”

Yea thats how advertising works

Would be interesting to see what they deem cool/uncool. Im not sure if I would like to see an exact replica of top gear, but a split from the challenges or w.e they are doing would be nice. fiero crashing made me :rofl