TOPPDrift Drift4Kids

Yea you should be good good for a day or maybe 2 events.

Depends how much u shred lol my buddies go thru 5-10 tires depending

For a stock KA, two pairs should last you all day. Maybe even one pair of fresh tires

That is true

Hmm maybe ill try and find a few used pairs. Ive got an sr 300hp to the wheels. I guess it matters how much i go out. Since its my first time i think im gonna be like a little kid and not want to get off the track.
Appreciate the replies

you can definitely go through more than 2 pairs even if you’re stock KA. Depends how you utilize your 9 hours. In addition, many of the newer drifters dont anticipate there to be a difference between nelson and full track. But Full track is a tire eater comparatively since nelson is only a Left Tire eater. Take that into account as well.

Oh my. I just realized this is full track!

I will be there in a non driving capacity.

Stock KA on full track rapes tires, but it all depends on skill. When your a beginner with no clue on how to drift, the time spent at full throttle is signicantly less, so you don’t burn tires as quickly as another with the an identical setup. The type of diff you have comes into play also. A vlsd will one wheel peel all day.

What do you guys do for tires? buy new every time or try to source a tire shop that has some used in sizes you can run? i think im just going to grab two new nankangs. but that shit aint cheap. i mean nankangs are cheap. but it adds up cant do this every event! what do you guys do.

Sucks so much that this is over 600k of driving to get there and back and my car isn’t on the road. still considering putting it in the trailer and making the drive though

new tires will last you 10-30 laps on nelson, half that on the full track. ive had used pairs last me 2-5 laps on neslon. used tires can be tricky to find if you use 17 or 18" wheels. new tires have much better grip that will give you better speed and control while sliding.

“go in to debt, build a drift car”

^^^^ this man speaks the truth

How true is this on an SR car? I’ve drifted a few platforms with welded diffs and clutch style LSDs, but this will be my first time drifting my s14 on a VLSD. It’s street driven, but I’m seriously considering going welded if I’ll be drifting it as CSCS this year…which I will.

Vlsd works fine. Just has trouble locking instantly and on command.

For the money. I don’t see why anyone who drifts wouldn’t atleast swap a vlsd out for a welded.

I burned my vlsd out on 205 federal 595’s on a stock SOHC motor. Maybe i am biased, but i think they are utter shit.

waiting on haltech for boost solenoid wont be able to shred…booourns

Only a few more sleeps boys, can’t wait

is there a compressor at the track to put air in tires ? what pressure do you guys usually run back and front? im thinking i might boost the rears up to 40ish

Yea theres one on the side of the shed behind the bleacher s. Though it helps to bring your own 12v so you dont constantly have to taxi the car back and forth.

40 in the rears hot or cold? 40 cold will skyrocket when you heat em up.