torque sucks :(

but wouldnt the search function still search the posts made IN the thread? (thereby rendering the title unimportant)

^true

Some aftermarket flywheels are painted or powdercoated. This prevents proper tightening of the bolts and can lead to what you describe.

is that a popular search query ?

somehow i doubt that …

You never know, you’d be surprised what people search for. And you can search by subject and by post content. So why not have both match? Some people search subject only, because searching post content sometimes brings back too many posts that don’t have any focus.

sorry about the title.

I got a call from the TC builder today and they said that the internals look fine but it will be needing a new case. I asked how the clutches looked in and he said

“they are holding up just fine no scorching or burning… why do you ask?”

well i’m making a bit of power I say

chuckles this is for a SHO right? and what is a bit of power if you don’t mind me asking”

well someone else on the forum put just over 400WHP on very simaliar setup on a MTX.

“cool… so that will be $250 and it will take between 1-1 1/2 weeks before we can get the new case back. it usually wouldent take that long but we don’t stock SHO TC’s because of the low volume + the machine shop needs a bit of time to make a new case”

/conersation

it was a interesting talk with the guy for sure. I asked him what kind of power it will take and he replied with “you won’t have any problems with this unit power wise” aparently they make FPS’s TC’s for their turbo disel trucks 1200+ torque he said for those and that is what mine is based on just a bit smaller.

on a side note the fucker weighs 34.X lbs says fedex. can you say lots of rotating mass.

I got the parts yesterday and after putting in a solid 4 hours the car is almost completely assembled. I just have to install the front suspention and start her up and make sure the turbo is still working correctly:rofl: … repetedly untill i’m out of gas.

also one of the devlopers of my tunner for the SHO is helping me tune my tranny so hopefully i can cut my shift times in half.

after i’m out of gas me and nick will pull my front engine mount out and install the steel cable to reinforce it.

oh I went to 3 different parts stores (delacy ford being one of them) and NOBODY knows what a bump stop is. the guy at autozone called nick a idiot then found a listing (discontinued) a few seconds after nick went off on him. so scrapper if you see this i’ll be calling you tomorrow for some bump stops for a 89 taurus SHO. universal or not i don’t care.

You are talking for the struts right? I will have to see If I carry them seperatley…

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/157710.jpg

$12.92 for one of these kits, and the warehouse has two…If thats what you mean. (the bump stop itself is in there…it is just very hard to see.)

that is what I need. do you happen to have the PN for that i’ll go there and pick it up

pn =NS 63621

thankyou.

yay it runs. I swapped on my 225 tripple treads and they hook up so much better than those shit 235 michelins.

What stall speed does your tranny use Alex?

2900 stall iirc

Yeah, they must not have been torqued down enough, or something. I didnt read this whole post, so I appologize if you found out why, but making ~ 400 ft/lb of torque trough a flex plate, I have never had any sort of distortion of the plate at all. Mopar flex plates are pretty thin too ,maybe 3/16" thick or so.

–mark

Torque sucks

Your solution exists in…

thats a pretty shitty solution to the problem …

thats funny

LOL

Torque owns u

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/red_starion.jpg

mmmm I love having 400lbs trq @ the wheels