Torrentspy.com...

Here’s the message I get when I’m trying to do any kind of search:

Torrentspy Acts to Protect Privacy

Sorry, but because you are located in the USA you cannot use the search features of the Torrentspy.com website.Torrentspy’s decision to stop accepting US visitors was NOT compelled by any Court but rather an uncertain legal climate in the US regarding user privacy and an apparent tension between US and European Union privacy laws.
We hope you understand and will take the opportunity to visit one of these other fine websites:
That was my favorite torrent site. What else is equally as good/better?

I use torrentz.com it searches torrentspy, mininova and the other big ones.

I just got a pass for demonoid. I’ll try torrentz too. thanks

Oh god damnit… that sucks…

I’ve been using bitsoup for a little while. Have to keep a 1:1 ratio, but it’s very fast.

Bitsoup
OiNk
Scene - Inspired (relatively new so not a lot of content but fast speeds)
and a couple private trackers.

Those, and I rarely have a problem not finding what I need.

TorrentSpy, mininova, and all those other registration not required sites have been forwarding info to the proper authorities for awhile to save their own asses… I’d never recommend anyone to use those.

you can still use it trough a proxy…

:nono::nono::nono::rubicant::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

i found a new private tracker that has only been up for a little bit but seems quite nice to me.
Funfile.org, registration is still open for the moment.

not to be a dick…but you’re wrong. The RIAA sued Torrentspy, and part of the injunction was that TSpy had to turn over server RAM cache that supposedly held the IP’s of users. Even though it’s supposed to be “impossible”, or very hard, to get the IP’s from this info…TSpy chose to cutoff all access to the US instead, so that any data they did hand over would be out of the jurisdiction of the courts. Mininova I can’t speak for, but this is TSpy’s situation.

:bsflag:

ok, i did mean to be a little dick…

wait for it…

JUST LIKE ZONG!

HAHHHHH!!

mike, pullin through with the zinger