Towne Hyundai of Orchard Park, "Stupid Move!"

…or “Unintelligent Move” or some other witty comment that relates the opposite of their slogan.

I bought a used car from Towne Auto about 2 months ago. It was a very unpleasant experience. I went to look at a sentra se-r, but when it wouldnt start (after it had a fresh inspection sticker, and was just “looked over mechanically”), i started looking around the lot. I had already emailed the salesman a list of cars i was interested, and he knew that it had to be a standard transmission. I found a IS300, which was on my list. I assumed it was auto since he never mentioned it, but it was a standard.

He proceeded to find out about the car, and another salesman told me i was lucky because he had just put brand new tires on it, and they were $200 each. The tires are 215/45r17 Nexen N3000. I used to work at a tire store (still do part time), and these tires sell for about $70 each, still making a decent profit. I told him this, and said he was either lying or he got raped. He just said that would be my price cause i worked there. Whatever i dismissed it. Ok so i buy the car, on the way home, im shuffling through the glove box and find a receipt for the tires for $99 a piece. So he was lying, and he got raped!

Everything is fine until I realize that my temporary registration expires in a week, and i still havent received my official one. I call them and they dont know anything about it. I call the salesman i dealt with and he says they are running behind, and misplaced a form, and it will be there for me to pick up the next day. I stop by the next day and he tells me the exact same thing. Meanwhile he also tells me that they havent gotten the paper work to the bank yet, so i should bring a check payable to the bank for them to send with the paperwork. So the next day i stop to get my reg. and drop off the check, and the registration isnt there. They assure me it will be there tomorrow by noon or they will drop it off to my house. I get off work at 4, and still no sign. I stop by, no one knows anything, no one i talked to is there. So the next day is friday, i stop by, by this time im pissed, cause the registration expires Sunday, and im going out of town. Its still not there. The clerk is going on maternity leave, and someone else is supposed to take care of it, and she’ll be in monday. When i ask what im supposed to do meanwhile, she tells me in these exact words, “Well, chances are, you wont get pulled over.” That screams professional. Monday i stop by and to my surprise, the replacement clerk has my registration, with my refund check (cause i overpaid for the registration when i signed everything). She apologized for everything even though she had nothing to do with it, and is the only one who did her job. I didnt catch her name, but she should be working somewhere else.

I thought everything was over until today i finally get my coupon books for the loan, and the 1st payment was never made. I call the salesman, he doesnt know anything, tells me to call him tomorrow. I call the bank, and no other payments have been made, and the first payment is due on monday. The check i gave to the dealership has not been cashed yet, but its no where to be found. Im going to make the payment, and if the other one goes though, ill have made 2 payments. i dont really care. but this is the 1st time ive bought a car at a dealership, and it was a nightmare. My few problems werent that big of a deal but it was the customer service that was terrible.

CliffNotes:
Towne Hyundai/Mazda/Ford dealership has terrible customer service, and doesnt know how to run a business, seeing that routine processes such as registering a car, are a chore.

:tdown: Fuck that, I was throw the receipt at him and tell him he is a wanker. Report them to the better business bureau. Cingular got alot of shit because of that. Those commercials suck btw… :tdown:

that guys a toolbag on the commercials

I havent read your post yet but, coryishurr and slowpoke both work there.

Yes I do work there and I am positive I wasnt your salesman and the sentra never hit hyundai’s lot it was @ mazda. Also the lexus was our general manager’s personal car it wasnt technically a trade in so even though its not exceptable I see how it may of got messed up. And yes the guy in the commercials sean “smart move” kipp was the same guy who owned the lexus and I cant say it surprizes me to hear this. We all want him gone call Frank Downing Jr. the owner he is a super nice down to earth younger gentleman who would be more than happy to help you out, maybe free oil changes for life or something. But on behalf of Towne… sorry for the inconvience.

FYI- when you buy a car from a dealer and they put a temp registration on it they have 5 days to register the car by law. Also if there is a lein to be put on it they have 5 days to register it also.
If you want to give them a shot call dmv vehicle safety and file a complaint

I was supposed to get a job there for the summer… interviewed with that sean kipp guy, everything seemed great and he pretty much told me hed bring me on board, went in a second day, he photocopied my license and said hed send it over to HR to take care of all the paper work and I could start there. Well he never called, so I called his cell and he didnt respond to my messages. Guy seems like a asshat…

I never had a good experience with Towne Mazda’s service manager either. Thankfully the wife’s Protege is no longer under warranty so I will never have to deal with him again.

yea well thats sean for ya…the guy is so disorganized and always has 200 things going on at once…hes the ONLY sales manager in the place and thinks he can handle everything on his own, he cant…hes a joke…i remember you coming to buy the car and the bullshit sean was feeding you b/c i overheard him…and the main reason you never got your reg. was because he never turned the title over to our clerk, he “misplaced” it b/c i remember hearing him on the phone with someone asking them if they’d seen it…sean would be a cool guy if he had some help, such as another sales manager or if he went back to just selling…i would DEF give frank jr. a call or shoot him an email and tell him what happend…pretty much everyone there has had it w/ smartmove to some extent…

and yes the service manager at mazda is a cocksucker…old guy, talks real slow…looks at you like your retarded? yeaa i own a mazda and i dont even wanna go there for service, yet i work there lol

are you the tard with the green jaguar that put down a wad of cash on the table… around 5g’s when filling out your application?:bloated:

Don’t let this experience discourage you… it sounds like they don’t know what they are doing.

I bought my scion from West Herr Toyota in Hamburg, and they were awesome. Made me feel very good about the purchase.

Hahahahahaha noooo I wish though… If I had 5g’s to throw down on the table I wouldnt have been looking to get a job there for the summer…

haha. yeah it seemed like everyone i talked to was treating me like i didnt know a thing. maybe i will call up Frank Downing. Oil changes on this car are a bitch, Free ones for life would be nice. The salesman i dealt with was Don Marts at mazda. I knew it was sean kipp’s car, they told me it was a trade in, but they said they had everything ready to go. I’ve also known Holly Norman my whole life, i think she’s a receptionist at auto choice. She was disapointed to hear i had such a bad experience.

i saw a bunch of “mission statements” on the wall behind kipp’s desk. like how to deal with an angry customer. 1st was like let them vent, try to understand. i thought it was hilarious.

Its such a ripoff buying cars there.

Is it so hard to shop on autotrader or cars.com?

Not to mention you probably got fucked on price.

slightly below blue book. i was shopping on autotrader for a while. everything within 300 miles had over 70k miles. mine only had 16k when i bought it.

all our cars are priced under kbb unless its a rare find or something, like a 1990 xxx with 10k on then its hard to go by the kbb. We have really good prices most of the time, and once again sorry about your experience but in all seriousness give frank jr. a call he is a really nice guy, i know… hard to believe for someone who is almost a billionaire but he truly is… and he really cares about the companies reputation, what do you have to lose?