Anyone have problems with Towne BMW?

It has been horrible to get someone to call me back. Had my car in for tires but wanted to get some things fixed under warranty while it was there. Left messages for the service manager multiple days and still no call back. Finally called and asked to speak with someone else and they would find out and call me back and still nothing esp since there has been two issues with my car since I got my car back. I know service departments get busy but this has been 3 weeks and I need work done on my car before I store it for the winter.

Any other suggestions than calling BMW North America to file a complaint about the dealership?

Park a car on a u-haul trailer out front?

Send me your contact info and I will pass it along. PM please. I can not guarantee results but I can guarantee that someone sees your name and number.

:clap:

Beat me to it.

they are usually fast, speak to someone

Text Don, 716-510-3927 he is the only guy there I will let touch my X5M. He always treats me well and calls me if anything comes up while he’s been working on it. Just mention my truck.

Everyone else over just seems incompetent.

I have. Yesterday spoke to the coordinator and told them I need to schedule service because when I got my car back my mirror stopped working when in reverse and been trying to call someone. She said she would check with the service manager and call me back. Business as usual there, no call back.

I am going to call yet again this afternoon and ask for the service department manager so will probably continue to bitch tomorrow when they don’t call me back.

After 3 weeks, I would figure you could stop in…

Face to face trumps all phone activity.
Unless you get benwayed :smiley:

hopefully obvious, but what position do you have the mirror adjuster switch set to, has to be on passenger side for that function.

I’d be on the phone with the GM of the dealership at this point…

They were always really good to me.

But if my car was there for 3 weeks I’d take it back and take it to another dealership.

did they give out a loaner? if so they can keep it all winter if it was me :slight_smile:

Car isn’t there for 3 weeks. After a week, I took my car back because they kept saying the part was delayed and was a 20 minute fix so told them to call me when it was in and would just bring my car in.

This is the passenger mirror that tilts down when the car is in reverse. Brought it in to have tires replaced and some noises inside the car looked at. After I got it back, the passenger mirror doesn’t tilt down when in reverse even tho I can see the mirror try to move.

Calling the service manager today to schedule something and will give them a shot.

Just to update, my car has not been there 3 weeks. If it was, I would have gone in well before this. This is simply trying to get someone to call me back to schedule repair. The problem with BMW is the next dealer is in Rochester.

I have my winter car to drive but I can’t get someone to call me back and let me schedule a time to drop off my car. Haha.

I know, I’m trying to tell you that this is an optional feature, if you leave the mirror adjuster selector on the driver’s side then the passengers’s side mirror should not drop when y ou enter reverse. If you have it set to the passenger’s side then it should drop. You might just have to move that switch.

That’s not true, it tilts down regardless of switch position, at least on E90s.

:tup: to Don. i send everyone to him.

theblue is correct for Boxxa’s car.

must not be every BMW. I don’t know why they would remove this feature from E90s unless you access it in the OBC or some other way.

I can understand that the feature should be fixed, but it should also be disabled…
I HATED when my truck mirror would auto tilt.
Turned it off as soon as I took delivery and never looked back at the curb since.

If I want to know where the curb is, I use the front window :slight_smile: