Bad Experience Cooley, VW

Last week I took my car to Cooley, VW to have the DSG flushed and filled and, while I was there, they performed a breather hose recall. Two days ago I found a loose part sitting under my catch can. After some research it turned out to be an insulator that sits between the intake and the PCV breather hose. I called the dealer and they said to bring it in.

Well, I took it back to the dealer and asked to speak with the tech that serviced my car. When he came out of the door he huffed and puffed so I said, “Oh I know it’s a pain in the ass to talk to me now but maybe you can just take a second and tell me why the hell you leave parts floating around my engine bay when you service cars?!” Then he told me that he installed another insulating shield with the recalled parts. So I asked him to get me the TSB recall package and show me how those parts come together. Then he said he’d have to go to the parts department. I told him not to bother since I can plainly see that he didn’t install a new insulator. Now he asks me if somebody else took it off. Really? I took the part off after he put on a new one, found an old one, then came to the dealer again and insisted that he put back the old one just for fun?! I lost my mind. Cooley VW in Wynantskill, NY is a dealership I would avoid. Especially a tech named Eddie. I even turned down a free oil change because I don’t want them ever to touch my car again. Kelsey at the service desk was cool as hell though. She seemed equally amazed and irritated with the tech.

Maybe its all the techs there, had a teacher in school who worked there and he was a shitty teacher too.

^^ he was not a shitty teacher because you did poorly in his classes… I learned more from him than most.

Randy Howarth!
I learned ALOT from him too

I had Martin who I liked alot, he was the other lab teacher but he never graded me on anything. He was just a miserable asshole all the time. He always acted like he had something shoved up his ass, I actually disliked him so much I switched out of his lab section for the second semester and had Benoit and Raneri who I also thought were great.

Who would of thought humans have days and errors lol , dude relax its not he left a oil line loose and your shit blew up . It happens . Think about suttin most dealer techs r flat rate ! So the longer it takes the less he gets paid . Esp on warr and recall shit , it happens so slow down dude . No shop is 100% lol

So wait, your stirring up all this anti-Cooley stuff because some tech left an old insulator shield in the engine bay? This is just a tiny part right? And there was no damage done to your car and everything is working fine? No offense dude but I’m with John, people make mistakes. And this seems like a very very small mistake. It’s not like they forgot to re-fill your transmission or something. And it sounds like they were willing to compensate you by offering you a free service. I work in the automotive repair field and when someone comes in ranting and raving about a mistake a tech made, I have zero respect for them and i don’t care to help them. All you have to do is keep your cool, calmly explain the situation to whom ever is in charge, and 99% of the time they are cool back and take care of you.

I totally understand. The problem I had was with the lying, not the fact that he made a 100% human error. He didn’t just lie, he lied after lying after lying. That’s where I had the problem because you have to remember that he’s doing that to everyone with his mistakes. People that don’t have car knowledge might not know and it might not be a small part. If I went back and he said, “Oh, my bad. I’ll throw that back in for you,” there’d be no complaint on my part.

And it’s not anti-Cooley cause everyone there seemed awesome except that tech. The people that worked there seemed irritated with that tech so I’m not just creating something that wasn’t there.

VW of Schenect breh.

Cliffs: Coooley isn’t so cool, and the OP is a tool.

Nemer left my girlfriends lugs loose when they installed new tires for the preowned certification. Then when she brought it in for a rotation/oil change, they removed the engine cover to check her air filter and left the plastic plumbing between the grille and the cover off, which they claim was never there. I don’t trust any dealership. It costs me the same amount(as they charge) to buy the oil/filter at cost and do it myself, but my time is worth knowing a simple task was done right.

That’s real professional, man.

You’re supposed to, if you consider yourself a professional in your respective field, do 100% right by everyone no matter the situation. You think I don’t deal with a’holes on the phone in my IT job? Of course I do, but if I don’t fix it the first time or do it right, they’ll be calling me again. Same with cars…if you half-ass your way because the guy pissed you off from the get go and you ‘don’t care’…you’ll be looking at the vehicle again. Or someone in your shop will…which actually hurts everyone on the team because it uses up resources.

I came into Lia Infiniti calmly and didn’t get shit done. After posting on here, and prodding from members, filing a complaint with USA corporate…I went back in there a bit more demanding/threatening and shit got fixed. Pronto. I guess I wish you worked there…wouldn’t have had to file complaints and post on Shift about my issue :lol.

I agree with the OP 100%:

Nice. A certified trained tech leaves a part to kick around in my engine after I bring it in for a DEALER ONLY service and I’m the tool for trying to get it fixed.

Troll. E-fight with somebody else.

It sounds like you broke the guys balls pretty hard and thats why he wasn’t that please to talk to you. Working as a dealer tech is a shitty job where your rushed to do everything and the guy made a mistake. Not saying the way he went about it was right, but that is a situation where how you handle it will dictate how he handles it. Just my .02 though

1. Eddie has been doing this since you we’re sperm floating around in your dads teenage Balzac.
  2. Cooley is a small Mazda dealer…why did you bring your VW there?
  3. recalls don’t pay, he probably left the old insulation in because the nnew shield goes directly over the top off the old one. Is this a passat? Breather recall? The new par doesn’t need to be replaced 9 times out of ten and the rear hose is the only part that needs to be replaced. In fact the old breather is a better part and the new one they put in doesn’t have a check valve in it. He was actually trying to do you a favor.
    I worked for VW for 14 years, I worked at Cooley for three of them, that place sucks period.
    Ps how the fuck did any of you learn from randy fucking howarth? That guy is a bonafide fucking retard.

http://www.cooley.vwdealer.com/

Take it to a Shift Certified Mechanic (SCM) next time!

cooley is the area’s smallest vw dealer. they are more about mazda then vw. that being said, asking to speak with the tech in most dealership situations is going to cause a tech to be pretty agitated considering if he’s not turning a wrench, he’s not making money.

i understand you are upset over a part being left loose, and mad you were lied to by a tech, but to get overly upset at the whole store is quite an over reaction. I think cooley for what the dealership is does well with both service and sales.

just another opinion thought

Isn’t the whole reason for service advisers/writers/mangers is so the techs don’t have to talk to customers?

Yeah , but some s/a,s don’t wanna deal with whiny bitches and do pass em off . I hated it and blatenly refused to if it wasnt a hot female that needed help lol