Bad Experience Cooley, VW

preverbial double edged sword there. For the most part yes techs shouldn’t have to talk to customers. However if you get a weird noise or drivability issue 99% of the time the advisors don’t ask the right questions or don’t put enough info on the RO. The thing people forget about dealers is basically everybody is paid off of comission so the writers focus is to get you in and out so they can write more work and make more money.

In your engine bay. The part was not in your engine. Big deal. Cry about it.

And you are a tool because of this:

tell me why the hell you leave parts floating around my engine bay when you service cars?!

[/thread]

This is what happened with my issue at Lia. SA didn’t know or understand what I was telling him and sent me on a lame ride along with a tech who seemed more like an intern/helper or the guy they make do all the oil changes and nothing else. Only after I complained to the owner of the store himself did he get his best tech IN MY CAR for a good 30 minute test drive all the way to downtown Albany and back. That tech called the issue before he even got out of the car and then took me to the car after it was on the lift to show me. Knew his shit.

You’re one of the biggest tools on this site man. STFU. It’s okay, you can call me a tool back. I expect it :lol.

You’d make a thread just like this if it happened to you. I’d be willing to bet money on it. He called it right, you are definitely a troll.

Customers always right… End of story.

Fuck off, loser. :rofl

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=31687

:lol

Forgot about that one. Well played, sir. Reps given (if possible).

Agree with this. You bring the car there for warranty work. Dealership is getting their money, they have to get it right. Car is typically the second biggest investment in someone’s life. If they left something in my bay that didn’t look right, I would go right back in and have them explain the situation right away.

Not allowed in any other profession… (minus Weatherman)

PJB, Ilyo - That’s not even a close comparison. You are both morons.

:lol

If you say so.

So I’m a field service tech. If I mess up I can lose my job. Plus its my rep on the line. I do it all by the book period. You ether care about your work and your rep or GTFO. OP is right take pride in your work don’t lie and when you mess up make it right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I’m sure u have fucked up lol , no tech alive has a perfect batting avg lol . Good for u , ya do shit by the book !!! I stopped looking at a book to show me how to work on cars a long time ago .

I think maybe the difference is I don’t work on cars. I work a 4 million dollar machine that polishes micro chips. If one wafer breaks it can cost as much as a new car. When we do any work the task has a check list and all steps must be signed off on.
Now I know its different but if you work on some thing that can throw people down the road at 60 miles per hour you should care if its done correctly.

If you “read” my post I said if I fuck up I can loose my job. I never said I am perfect. lOL. I also said I take responsibility for my actions if I mess up I make it right.

If that part that didn’t need to be replaced failed… you’re not going to crash into a bus of children and kill everyone.

I agree though, I hate people who halfass’d work. Its always been a pet peeve of mine. BUT, like 1stGen said, that particular part(s) in question sound like they actually were done in your best interest. If it wasnt a "car guy"s car they were working on, most owners wouldn’t have a clue what was done. SO, when you brought up your opinion on what was done they fucked up and didn’t respect your inquiry it sounded like. Thats their only fault in this one IMO.

And you have to remember, being a car guy, the service writer and especially the tech dont know you and your level of “expertise”. A car rolls in, RO’s is presented and they do their work. Infact there is nothing more frustrating than the “car guy” that nit picks the entire process. All that’s doing is slowing us down. You guys brought the car in for a service you for whatever reason didnt do yourself. You trusted us for some reason to give us a shot. If you dont like the outcome, bring it somewhere else. Simple as that. Poor service only leads to an empty bay and a closed down business.

Might be off topic, but every dealership I’ve ever had any service done… the tech’s are the most miserable guys on earth. Job must suck hard.

i agree and disagree with the op due to the simple fact that yes you can fuck up, have a bad day,no one is perfect especially since the automotive industry is being run by the “mavis” mentality if its not done in 30 mins or less your taking too long and youlll get a bad review which i find to be bull shit i work at a dealership im a tech ive told people that come up to me and say oh mavis will do it for cheaper, go there have them mess it up and ull end up back here paying me more to fix it, i work with 4 “techs” that used to work at mavis and all they do is sell unneeded items like air filters and flushes, ive pulled out 4 air filters from the garbage and gave it to my service manager to show him the bullshit that goes around, but then you have the asshole customers which from your posts you seem like you are, and i cant stand them go do your own work if you expect everything to be perfect

This is why CRC doesnt have a waiting room. Drop it off and pick it up when its done. We are a small shop of 1-3 people working on 1-10 cars at a given time. We are forced to multitask between jobs and the three of us working at the time. Your muffler replacement might be 2 cuts, 2 welds and a reinstall that takes only 45minutes of work… but the car might come in, and roll out in 45 minutes, or 4-5 hours. The odds of the car coming into the driveway and being able to drive into and on the lift, and my workload allowing me to focus 100% on your car start to finish is slim to none.

Not to mention watching me work over my shoulder is no fun either.

Dont get me started on mavis, monroe, etc. I would LOVE my job if it were doing undercover “honesty checks” for those places. LOL

yea they are the biggest rip offs of all… my old coworkers son works at mavis and he told us that if he dosent sell something to someone he gets written up and no fucks are given there because if one person says no and they never come back theres another person right behind them waiting to get ripped off… but anyways thats my small rant of the day…

oh and idk if greg rustino still works at cooley but hes a low life as well hes a writer, he looks like uncle fester from the adams family