Toyota 2zz thoughts.

I was thinking that these engines seem pretty good on paper, equivelent to a honda gsr. Built by yamaha. 6 speed trannies. You never see anyone doing anything to them or see parts for them, why? they were around for acouple yrs in like 3 different vehicles, why doesn’t anyone like them. figured they would probably make a good swap into lesser powered yota’s.

Looked on ebay and I only found 1 used swap with everything from an 02 maybe celica gts and they wanted 3k hahah wow. wtf. no wonder no one fucks with them.

$3k isn’t expensive for an engine swap.

Where’s BurnyD to tell us the magnificence of the 2zz motor in addition to 3sgte and 2jz?

yah nobody is doing anything to 2zz’s lolssss…

In general there good motors if your looking for a NA setup or even a SC setup. There pretty high comp pression straight fromt he factory at 11.5:1 I believe the only thign you can really run on these motors is 91 and up. 7th gen GT cars stock normally go Mid 14s stock low 14s with bolt ons some have gone 13s just with Bolt ons…

Its a good motor all in all with lift and 180hp. If you ever drive one its pretty much the same concept at a Honda motor with vtech its very similar.

THe clips are 3k normally yes… well atleast for a jdm motor they usually make a little more power I cant remember exactly what is is off hand but it might be 20 more hp or so? If you do end up purchasing a 2zzge make sure you do not get a 00/01 model…

Its a really good swap in a MRs grant it you have the dollars to do so…

Can’t go wrong with JDM.

I used to have one (02 celica gt-s). Motor was very weak as far as tq goes and was really no fun unless you were going high speeds when lift engaged. People have trouble getting big hp out of these i think because of the lift and high compression. Turbo’s dont work out very well.

If i was to buy a 7th gen celica again I would buy a GT instead with the 1zz and those turbo pretty well since they dont have lift to worry about.

2zz versus the 1zz is kinda like a GSR versus an LS…

$3k isn’t expensive for an engine swap.

IMO 3k for 180 crank hp and nearly no measurable torque is quite expensive