Toyota develops highly scratch resistant clear-coat paint with self-restoring qualiti

Toyota has developed a clear-coat paint with self-restoring qualities that is highly resistant to surface scratches usually caused by car wash brushes or fingernails. Unlike a conventional clear coat, Toyota’s newly developed coat is not easily damaged and can even restore itself even if it is deformed. Moreover, it requires no special maintenance, prevents luster degradation caused by surface scratches and helps to prolong new-car color and gloss.
The new coat features an ingredient that encourages closer molecular bonding, resulting in a denser structure than conventionally possible. This gives the coat flexibility and elasticity, making it less prone to damage and more resistant to light and acid, and giving it the ability to self-restore after deformation. Toyota plans to use the coat on the soon-to-be-upgraded Lexus LS.

This is great news for black car lovers. You guys know how I am with paint. This put a HUGE grin on my face.

Didn’t nissan develop something like this and put it on the G35/skyline

quite possible, Ron. I want to see that stuff on market shelves already. I’d love to use something like that if i needed to reclear my car.

Yes

I thought so. It was like electrostatically charged so the bonding between the molecules of paint was stronger than most paints and over time the paint would actually pull itself back together over minor scratches

yup, toyota fail…dumb fucks :Idiots

actually ,chevy did it first

fuck chevy! :hug

My G35 was black, and it showed every little surface scratch imaginable. I used the Meguires Scratch0X stuff which worked good, but I’d have to do it every time I would wax and wash the car. That stuff left the air applied silky smooth though.

As evidenced by the mutitple color body panels seen on most Chevys.

heheheh

dumb fucks? all this meant is they invented there own version of it, which im sure, like most of their cars, will be better than everyone elses version

infiniti/nissan’s Super Black suckssss.

Audi’s paint is amazing. their clearcoat is just super!

My scion is like a super dark blue, its just about black, for the shit its been through it actually handles swirl marks pretty well. My friend at work has a black 05 or 06 altima, it seems like the whole car is a swirl mark, i cant believe it, its almost like a haze of fog on the car, it looks terrible.

Yup I had an 05 Altima SER i dunno if you know that, ill see if i can dig up pics of when i had it done up nice

best shot i have of it, wish i had more pics of that car :frowning:

dumpy ride

youre gonna have to find another right home CHRIS

what am I suppose to be looking at here

The reflection of the side of my house through the shitty paint that is Nissan’s Super Black.

Why?

rippley poop