Track car....

alright im not sure if this is the right section but if not please move or close. I was just wondering if you have a car just for tracks do you still need to insure it i am assuming so but do not know so if you can help please do
thanks S-k

If you drive it TO the track, yes, if you tow it, no.

If the car EVER touches public property, yes.

So that means no “tuning” on side streets. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe yup. I’d still look into getting some form of insurance, b/c there’s nothing more fun than occasionally unleashing a track built race car on public roads :lol: Not that I condone such a thing.

Best bet is to at least open a policy, for fire + theft, based on the appraisal value of the vehicle.
Then when/if you want to drive it on the road, extend liability to the policy for a month at a time.

Insurance companies are pretty cool with doing things like this as long as you already have an open policy for the vehicle.

Get at least fire & theft on it which shouldn’t be more than $50-$60 per year. Also if you don’t keep fire & theft on it, when you do go and try and insure it they will rape you since you kept an uninsured vehicle.

Fire and theft SHOULD be based on the appraisal value (14a policy I believe) if it’s anything special like a collector car, race car, or any car with a lot of modifications and money invested into it. In which case, comprehenseive (fire+theft) should be around $20 a month.

Last thing you want is for a car that you have sunk $20,000 into to get stolen, and you’re left with the book value. :cry:

alrigt wow thanks for the quick replys and information this is just what i needed to know. I think i will look into the fire and theft if it all goes through as just a track car to start. I want a 240 but dont want to get raped on insurance yet since im 18… so i am thinking track car lightly modifieded then street in the future…

Last thing i think safety count for anything on a track? if it is being trailered to and from tracks?

thanks for all the help guys
S-K

huh? do you mean like a car that dosen’t leak oil/fluids all over the track?

and yeah, you really should have a generally fit chassis for track, ie: good ball joints, tie rods, struts/springs… yadda yadda

alright that is what i thaught but thanks that is all

insurace shouldent be that high for someone 18 i am 18 i only pay 240 a month for my 240 …lol

yup I have one. Just got it today. Paid $200 for it. pretty mint…
will track it soon enough

thanks for your input chief.

lol yup im just kinda happy. 4 1/2 hours of driving yay s14 will be 5spd now

It depends on SO many factors, the only way to know for sure what to expect to pay is to call.