Insurance Help!!

Hey guys, i am new on this forum its accaully my first post…

I am just posting to ask some questions concerning insurance. I am 17 years old and I am thinking about purchasing this 93 240 sx with a sr20det engine and a t-25 garret turbo. See the thing is i can totally afford the car itself, it’s just the insurance that I don’t know about. I called my insurance broker to get a quote and he said if i tell the insurance company the mods it has (the engine and turbo) it will be 7000-8000 a year and i can’t afford thatits just ridiculous. So i asked him what if i just tell them its a stock 240 and he said sure it will work and i will be laughing until i crash then i am screwed cause they legally don’t have to insure me if I don’t tell them the mods i have, or somthing like that. So I don’t want to belive him cause i want this car so bad!! I am just asking if anyone knows if this is true and anything i can do just to get some cheap insurance??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

well i’ll be one of the first to jump on this one.

Now kid, and i do mean KID.

here are your problems. FIRSTLY, you are under 21, with probably a g2 license and want to insure a 240sx…stock you’re looking at 300+/month.

Secondly, you want a sr20, which frankly you’ll probably act like an idiot in and desrve to apy 8000$ a year.

Ok that being said, you have 2 options…well 3…Buy the car, insure it the PROPER way and have no coverage agaist collision/fire/theft for 7-8000/year. Do it the wrong way, have no coverage against/collision/fire/theft and have the possible HUGE lawsuit when you crash into somone or something…and chances you being so young, you will AND STILL pay 3600-5000$ year for basic liability.

AND THE THIRD option. Don’t buy the car, save your money, pay for school and don’t come out 40000$ in debt. Honestly, why in your right mind would you want to pay 300-600$/month for a 15 year old car?

so there’s your answer. Do it the proper way, and still not be covered, if your car is stolen, burns, or you hit somone. Or do it the improper way, and the car won’t be covered if you hit somone, it burns, or it’s stolen, or if you hurt/kill somone acting like an idiot.

Your choice…CHEERS! good luck with the car!

^ harsh but real, the only way to get mods covered that I have found is Faculty insurance, Expensive as a bitch but your ass is covered.