track days?? help cossey/benny

common sense tells us that but fuck it. only use 300 of the horses. lol

to put it into perspective, the C6R is a purpose built race car, about as “high” as any vette is built for this specific purpose, and only has ~600hp lol

actually has less than that i think. more like 556 or something like that. lol:rofl

and ginormous slicks, aero, and tens of thousands of hours of R&D in the suspension and brakes

:rofl

maybe you could throw a 50% throttle stop in lol

I really think the first time i go im taking my mothers optima. Even though itll maybe mess me up being rwd vs fwd.

duuude you’ll be fiiiiiiiiiine in the mustang

seriously it’s not as big a deal as it seems, once you leave the first one you’ll be wondering what you were so worried about

that is, unless you’re leaving with your car on a flatbed and a several thousand dollar bill for Armco replacement.

your not going to crash. your more likely to crash on the northway doing your three beep pete’s.

Warranty covers it at the track! Semi factory racecar ftw.

NYST doesn’t list an actual number for the noise limit, it could be 87dB like Lime Rock or it could be 100dB. Give them a call and find out.

then wuttafck you scared of pussy

I am actually dieing to take the fit to a track day, its slow and nimble, would be a perfect learning vessel

Wheres a list of schedules? I would probably like to go to LRP first, even though they ass rape you with the entry fee… No way I could make WGI on the 10th, but want to try and plan at least 1 before the end of the year.

they told me though an email. 90db. never say how its measured though.

usual policy is 50 feet from the track in a section where you will be under full throttle (aka a straight)

probably with a decibel meter lol

generally they will travel around to flagging stations throughout the day, or to the beginning of a straight where it would expected to be loudest.

" ok now im going to walk approx 50’ away. when i scream pin it i want u to hold it at WOT bouncing it off the rev limiter. ok? "

:Idiots

I’d say go for it. Hit up nysafetytrack. If you’re looking to check things out, that’s probably going to be the least organized/structured/uptight format you’ll get to try. And not in a bad way, but in a manner that you’d probably get to feel things out a little more than some of the more structured events. Which can be good and bad, depending on how crazy you get on track.

exactly what i wanted to do but im being told they wont let me on the track, or rather tell me to come off if the car is too loud. and wont get money back. here in lies the issue. welcome to the thread :slight_smile:

The one thing I regret not doing with mine before I sold it was a track/autox day. /hijack

just curious, what brakes do you have on the vette?

Once I put the sport seats in, Im doing track days with the DEZZULL!