track days?? help cossey/benny

http://www.carchemistry.com/cc-inserts/

stock for now. they are really good for stock actually.

get out of here with your silencer bullshit.

:rofl

WGI it is then (no sound limit). Patroon HPDE coming up (Monday, June 10th), plenty of openings!

aint nobody got time for rain. My fathers buddy ron checca was asked to test drive a prototype McLaren $2mill thingamabob a few weeks ago at LR… he had no problem hitting 165+ in the rain! lol He said even wet, it made a 430 feel like a tank around the track.

/off topic kk nonsense

Do it upppp!!! it’s so much fun!

Did laps at Watkins after Porsche day and man was there a lot of cars…

Get a set of track pads and a good, high-end brake fluid like Motul. I lost brakes at LRP at my first event in the LGT. It’s a heavy car, but I wasn’t going very fast.

Everyone else added in the good stuff. Come to WGI June 10/11. Driving on one of the best tracks in America > watching F1.

Really can’t do the 10-11. F1 weekend and buddies bachelor party in Canada. When is next? Also the car isn’t done with tuning. Hopefully will be done next week when the weather is nice

No idea when the next event is. My days off this year are scarce, so I’m only doing one or two events most likely.

do a search here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/

I wonder how they got the drift events at LRP exempt from the dB limit lol

It’s not, they’ll crack down on it the very instant someone bitches. I don’t think drifting is that bad though because its not a constant roar, it’s blips and shit.

and the sound of zipties breaking and people putting gay stickers on their cars :skid

Haha fightin werds

Damnitcargetdonealreadyineedtoraze

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

even as a “drift guy” that made me chuckle

Wow… People make it sound hard. Watkins is a big track and probably how you envision a track to be. It wont destroy tires or your car as you learn. Its wide and doesnt have surprises until you go way faster than you think you can go. The car can handle it and street tires will “talk” to you. There are alot of group you can go with and sign up as a novice and be given a proper instructor. I stated by driving with what is now “Chin Motorsports” but there are a bunch, including even the Porsche club, and so on.
I learned on an Auto, from an instructor who also used an auto (benz) in fact. Learnig doesnt begin to push the car.
That said, but some Hawk brake pads, change to Motul brake fluid and have at it. My 1st ride there was LOUD. I even opened the cut outs on a run (straight header).

You be normal and use your head and you’ll be fine. There are a few insurance companies that WILL cover you on track and they dont cost but 25-50% more than normal… not much in the scheme of things. Patroon members can point you to which insurance companies can do this.

One word of warning in a vette… I hadan 03 Z06, was brand new, and the oil temp rose to 300 degree. This is common in vettes when pushed real hard on track. Again, I pushed hard, but monitor your oil temps…and water temps as they tend to both run hot on track…yes, even in the race inspired Zo6’s. there is a common upgrade for track vettes. But, to learn on, your solid all day. That said…did someone say 800 hp? if thats the case, use it wisely. My 2nd year on track I still had miatas pass me in turns as while the vettes are monsters, they are not turn monstors on street tires while learning. Just have fun, no one will laugh at you.

Yea sounds great man. I was in fact a little concerned about the oil and coolant temps. I still don’t have the car as ran out of maf today at 3psi, half throttle and 4500 rps making almost 500whp haha. Still have like 6-9 psi to go. So we will see on speed density.

you crazy niggr