Track For Top Speed

My friend was talking to a kid that he doesnt talk to anymore and nhe said he went to some track (might have started with an h) where he payed like 20 bucsk or something and he drove around the track. Then they gave him his quarter mile time, 0-60 time, and top speed. Where can I go to find my top speed without running the risk of getting a ticket?

route 20 towards geneseo

:gay2:

what car do you have

Holland Speedway? That track is a lob-sided oval, so if that’s it his giving you a line of crap.

I think it was Holland Speedway. It’s not good?

They let you go as fast as you want on Route 20?

I have a 99 Cavalier Z24

Maybe he drives a rust bucket that tops out at 55 :gotme:

i’ll save you the trouble. You top out at 108mph. You can thank your speed limiter for that.

Mr. Officer of the Law informed me I topped out at 135…

:lol::bloated:

Are you referring to my car as a speed limiter or is that an actual part on the car that stops me from going any faster?

Yet another design flaw. :tup:

He’s serious. You have a GOVERNOR on your engine, which kills your spark/ignition to avoid going over 108.

This to me knowledge is mainly in place because the engine, as stock can’t SAFELY handle speeds in excess of 108, but I could be wrong.

In order to remove it, you need to HIGHLY modify your engine, and run a seperate ignition/fuel system etc…

Why’re you so concerned with driving fast?

QUICK, is what’s important :tup:

Any old POS can hit 100+.

It’s how long it takes you to trap, is what counts.

oh god, who invited this guy!

Is there a way to yank off the speed limiter?

redline limited speed for a cav z24 is about 146mph. Yes it will make it to redline, and no I wont tell you how. But go ahead and tell yur friends your car goes 146mph.

I was just wondering how fast it could go. I wouldn’t be bragging about my top speed. Just a good thing to know. Thanks for telling me 146.

This to me knowledge is mainly in place because the engine, as stock can’t SAFELY handle speeds in excess of 108, but I could be wrong.
its because the suspension and most importantly THE STOCK TIRES cant handle more then that … the engine is fine

In order to remove it, you need to HIGHLY modify your engine, and run a seperate ignition/fuel system etc…
last time i lookd it up, for my friends 2002(?) z24, you simply unplugged one single sensor (the VSS)which disables both the speedo and the govenor …

govenors are designed into the computer, you can change all the shit on the engine you like and its not gotta ever change the govenor

dude, dont you own a cavi ? how do i know this and not you ?

go knit something … or bake a damn cake … just please dont make a second attempt at the gen auto section

ya it has to do with the fact the stock tires are rated to like 110-120mph. Also when you unplug that sensor it locks the automatic in whatever gear its in because the computer doesnt know what the speed or rpms are at so it doesnt know when to shift, so keep that in mind.

just when i had completely forgotten that peopel buy cars with autos … you go and remind me …

i know it works for the manual tranny just fine …

excuse me while i go make a few hard passes down the street with the boosted eclipse to deleate the idea of auto tranny’s from my mind again …

Track For Top Speed 09-07-2005 08:47 PM design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw design flaw :wtf:

Awesome!

Thanks for… whatever the fuck your point was in doing that.

Try growing a pair and sign your name next time.

The reason I don’t know this, is the forum that is specific to J-bodies, doesn’t post that information, due to it being unsafe.

I’m not sure where it was that I said I know EVERYTHING about Cavaliers, please show me that post, asshole.

And thanks, but I’ll post where I want, when I want.

I didn’t say anything to offend anyone, so chill the fuck out.

Hotrodkid I will never buy an automatic transmission again. It’s not on the cavalier I got and I will never go back. I feel the same way you do. Manual is so much better.

I thought it was called a governor but I wasn’t sure if he was making fun of me for having a cavalier.

is it j-body.org that doesnt allow the info to be posted ?

might wanna double check that its not on there anywhere, cause thats where i found it the first time and confirmed it this time too