speed govenor removal

The other day i was driving around and i hit the speed govenor on my 99 civic ex at 123mph in 4th gear at 6000rpms, meaning i had 1200 rpms left and fourth, and then all of fifth gear left that i could do nothing with cuz i was already bouncing off the govenor, does anyone have any ideas on how i can get rid of that fu**ing govenor?

ermm you sure about that??? i had no idea civics were geared that tall… for some reason i can’t believe that. Do you really need to go any faster then 123 on the street?

Do you have the right size tires on your car and your speedo calibrated right :dunno:

Originally posted by JeffWels
Do you really need to go any faster then 123 on the street?

if you only knew who you were talkin to…haha

Originally posted by danteisme
if you only knew who you were talkin to…haha

yeah someone in a civic that has no reason to surpass 123 mph… if it takes longer than a 1/4 mile to get there, it’s not fast enough…

Originally posted by turbovw18
yeah someone in a civic that has no reason to surpass 123 mph… if it takes longer than a 1/4 mile to get there, it’s not fast enough…

Why and where would you even do 123 in the 1st place :dunno: well, 119 would be a start lol.

But, I think all JDM ecus dont have goveners on them, of coarse your car is probably unsable after 80mph anyways, you probably hit a wall in the air stream, its not like any honda was built with perfect areo dynamics even considered. Its a comuter car, give up.

actually from what i understand(integras anyway) the usdm dont have a govenor(at least mine doestn) and the jdm ones are governed at like 120ish

123mph in 4th gear?

maybe it was the rev limiter? :tounge:

Originally posted by ShalerPunk
123mph in 4th gear?

maybe it was the rev limiter? :tounge:

it had to be! my REV limiter is at 4500 in 5th gear!

no, it was definitely the speed govenor kicking in, i’ve had the same thing happen in fifth gear if i’m just cruising, and where can’t you go 123mph? if you’re good enough you can do it through downtown.lol. actually it was on 819, same thing happened today on rt. 380, i was racing an SI and poof, govenor. By the way, i lost the race to this really hot chic that had just detailed my car for me…ain’t that a bitch…not only to lose, but to lose to a girl, and it wasn’t even her car that she was driving…

http://www.humanplague.com/archive/pissoff/pics/assclown.jpg

Dude why does your cardomain site show pictures of a silver car and claim 17 seconds in the 1/4 at 92 and your profile states a burnt orange car, are these two different vehicles?

and how do you run a 17 quarterat 92?

I ran a 17 at 84 on snow tires. I don’t know much about it but joel ran ruffly the same and he has the same car as you.

Just making convo and trying to understand your profile.

Just a side view to show the tint. 20% in the back and 40% up front. In PA you gotta keep the shit legal.

:rolf: in PA tint on cars is illegal…but you knew that. :smiley:

Originally posted by Sight N Sound
and how do you run a 17 quarterat 92?

terrible launch…and then perfect shifting? :dunno:

i smell BS

yeah i know, and recently i just got pulled over for tint, and had to take it all off, as far as the car color, it used to be silver, then i hit a deer, and i redid the whole car, body kit and everything and painted it a different color. I just haven’t updated the cardomain site cuz it is too damn slow on this computer.

oh, and the 17 seconds at 92 mph was just filling in numbers about a year ago when i made that site, i’ll find out tomorrow what it runs for sure at PRP. I’ll post a timeslip to let you know.

Ahhh IC on the color. So what about the BS times at the track :smiley:

:tounge:

Sorry missed it :smiley:

yeah, those are bullshit times on that webpage, i’ll have legit ones to post tomorrow nite. See what it’ll actually do.

auto or stick?

auto 17.6 :smiley: