Tranny fluid

alright , so im gonig to pull my trans today , im just wanting to get all the items i need before i start , so i have 4L of GM syncromech trans fluid, is that enough for the SR trans? is Gm syncromech good for those transmissions?

please let me know

Drew

Yes that is tons of fluid for the tranny.

Hope you’re doing the TOB and pilot bushing while you’re in there.

might as well , are they just standard bushings and bearings? or are they ghey and japan only cause its an SR? same with the trans tail shaft seal , can never be to carful

I got mine from Mills. They are interchangable with KA trannies, so no problem. I think it was ~$25 for both. I got a rear seal also, they were in stock.

Where did you get GL4 GM Syncromesh and how much was it ?! I am looking for that fluid myself.

Syncromesh :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom:
Smooth shifting till your sycros turn into dust.

Redline MT90 is soooo much better. I have used both and the difference is night and day.

Ok, where do i get some Redline MT90 from ?! Prices ?!

ok are we talking tranny fluid or gear oil here? from what i understand tranny fluid is for autos isnt it?

Tranny Fuild is any fluid for your transmission…

Manuals tend be closer to diff fluid (because of the gears) and are consider Gear Oil

Automatics have a Dexron I/II/III or +4 (or Mercon V if your a ford…) Fluid that is designed especially for the valve bodies and gear clutch packs in a Automatic. Generally called ATF

Does that answer your question?

There are also some standard transmissions that call for ATF, I know old Chev S10 Standards will car for ATFIII.

But Nissan standards, you need to look for something GL4 rated. (I have this figured out now to those who remember me asking about the difference between GL4 and GL-4 lol)

I ended up using Mopar Performance Synthetic Standard Transmission Gear Oil, and I am enjoying it, it seems to be doing fine and I haven’t noticed it doing anything bad after running it for about 15K km’s. But as soon as your looking at synthetic gear oil it can get pretty pricey. I think the mopar stuff I got was around $15 a liter.

The thing is that you dont need a lot of fluid… when compared to an Auto…

Manual: 5.5L
Auto: 14L

These are averages… but damn close, so yeah Synth will put you back but hey it top quality shit, why not spend a bit extra and save yourself the headaches later? In My Opinion anyway

I got this stuff when i worked at a GM dealership so i didn’t pay the over the counter price , it was still pretty pricey @ like $9/L but i hear its the shit.

My question is is this stuff going to fuck up my syncros? After my car is drivable again its goign up for sale :frowning: to much in debt for a morgage. I don’t want to sell my car and in 6 months have the trans go becuase of something i did

Drew

Redline MT90 is soooo much better. I have used both and the difference is night and day.[/quote]

Agreed, my 300 shifts like butter with Redline