tranny fluid

its a ka tranny

i usually use royal purple max gear 75w90

but i have 4 quarts of royal purple syncro mesh manual transmission fluid sitting at the shop

now the viscosity of the syncro mesh is ment for cars that use motor oil as tranny fluid.

no my question is since the viscosity of the syncro mesh is equal to 10w30

will it hurt my tranny? since nissan trannys are ment to use gear oil

sorry for my n00b question

It will cause premature wear on the tranny if you use an oil that is too light.

In other words, but the right stuff you cheap ass.

:wtcslap:

:stuck_out_tongue:

haha thats what i thought thanks dustin

i use that stuff from Canadian tire the cheap shit with the garbage truck on the label

You change cars every what… 3 months though avery… so you don’t worry too much about long term I would imagine.

haha, i use the same stuff, i think it’s a dump truck though… if it’s good enough for a dump truck then it’s good enough for me!

i started using mt90, before that i used the cheap shit too, i think the trans feels better with the mt90, but it might just be the fact it’s an rb25 trans and not the punny sr/ka/ca/rb20 trans

haha peter cmonnnn

of course it wont be good.

reminds me of that guy (was it on a subaru forum?) that put mt90 in his motor and wondered why it blew.

Ted, I also use redline and it DEFIANTLY makes a huge difference over a cheaper fluid. First thing I’ve done with a few KA/SR tranny’s is change over to redline fluid. A world of difference in shifting.

Daily driving probably not a huge difference, but if you plan on tracking the car and really beating on the tranny and getting it hot then put some good fluid in. Unless of course tranny swaps are a huge turn on for you.

+1 for MT90. Well worth the money imo… That’s all I used in my trannies :slight_smile:

Like to lube them up heh?

Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle
Gear Lube 75W-90 API GL-4 is also another choice over MT90 or Royal Purple.