Tranny Flush- IS this the proper weight ??

so im wanting to do a tranny flush and i always use redline fluids so i bought some redline manual transmission lubricant. say right in the bottle and its 75w 80 wieght fluid. will this be good for a CA tranny?? or is it to thin to run on a daily driver?? i know how the numbers work and what they mean but im used to using 75w 90 but this isnt just gear oil. is specific to a manual tranny. any one used it or have any thoughts on it???

thanks

Brad

You want a GL-4 oil, not GL-5. I made that mistake on my first transmission job by putting in this Castrol Syntec shit. The shifts were not smooth.

What you want is Redline MT-90 (75w90). It’s pretty cheap too… ~9 a quart at Mopac.

Well thats what i have. Redline MTL but mines 75w 80. and i got mine at mopac. when i was there the guy said thats all they carried so i got it. i made sure i got gl-4 though. i remember that in a integra with gl-5. shifted like shit after. so should i go back and get 75w 90? i lost the recipt for it anyways.

Brad

ive always used MT90 redline.

when i got my car i put in redline 75w90 MTL… cured all high rpm grinds while shifting

ok well i went into mopac today. calgary location off of 16 ave. talked to the guy there. not very helpful at all. i asked for redline mtl 90 but he said all he ever carries or heard of is 70w 80 and all he had was gear oil and no shock fluid from redline and it was gl-5 and 6. anyone know where i can get a compitent sales man or a place thats garenteed to sell mt 90 ??

In Edmonton!

In general, Mopac isn’t that bad. But many people don’t know that about 4 blocks away is a store called “Performance Parts Centre” on the west side of centre street. They are great and have good prices. When I was looking for Redline MTL90 (tranny) and 75W90 (diff) for my 180SX, Mopac was clueless. Performance Parts had it right on the shelf ready to go…

Oh, and I think their Autometer guages are a bit cheaper too. Even though they cater to american muscle, they seem to be pretty ok with the fact I have a RHD rocket :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re at 2211 Centre St NW.