Trans. no reverse or neutral....

Ok im back again with my 1992 Plymouth Laser, 2.0, N/T, automatic transmission. For some reason all of sudden the car will not go in reverse or neutral. Checked fluids, they are ok. Removed cecnter consol, checked main cable, inside and under hood and they checked out ok. Aslo checked the cable adjustment at the transmission and that checked out ok as well. When the car is running in park, before the car has been shifted at all, it seams ok. When the car is running and put into reverse the car will not move but it sounds like it is in gear. With the car running in neutral, when pressing the gas down the car will move forward. When the car is running the shifter into reverse and neutral there is a buzzing noise like low power steering fluid, but when in L an 2 the car has no buzzing. When attempting to drive forward, at normal exceleration speed, in drive, the car shifts from the lowest drive to drive ok. Also, shifts fine on its own in drive when acceleration from stand still in all three(3) gears. But when manually shifting from L to 2 the car shifts fine but when shifting from 2 to Drive the engine RPM’s will rise and will take a second or two to actually shift into drive, then goes into gear ok. What could be making this car not shift into reverse and nutural, and making my nutural into a Drive.

Please change your screen name…

…and get a new 5-speed tranny. Those cars have no business being auto.

did u notice any slipping or anything before this happened?? my probe’s tranny did the same crap as it gave out. in R, it wouldnt move, just rev, in N it would go forward. But it also started slipping before hand

Truth

and

your name wouldnt happen to be aaron would it?

Sounds like your tranny is done. Sounds like a planetary gear thing perhaps. Either way i’d say its an internal problem.

no but i have fixed the problem.

and it wasssss?