Transmission Grind

I too used redline however I will try amsoil’s transmission fluid next. Don’t get mt90 people complain of extra grinding and woes. Also the redline seems not to work as well in cold. Make sure to put GL4 in… GL5 eats yellow metals (eg: brass which our tranny synchros are made of)

its probaly just the syncro u cant really do much for it unless u wanna rebuild ur tranny

87s15, thats bleeding the clutch line right?. i also know my clutch is weak with moderate free play. i believe the clutch bearing makes noise cause when its in neutral and i push the clutch in the noise stops.

Yes.

Under neath your car there will be a bleeder on the slave cylinder. And there may be one on a line on the frame. You’ll need an 8mm or 7mm 6-POINT wrench and a 10mm 6-POINT wrench. Bleed then alternately. Back and forth. One to the other. Keep an eye on the master cylinder.

Or you can just gravity bleed it and see what happens. Open the bleeder, let it drip out and just keep your master to a decent level so you can flush all the old shit out.

ok thanks there, i’ll do that this weekend. also quickly, is free play in the clutch bad ?

NO free play in the clutch is bad

To much is not good. Yet it is better than none. Around roughly an inch of free play is good.

I’ve developed a habit of lifting the half inch of clutch pedal dead zone from behind the pedal, after shifting gears.

I was driving an automatic car and I tried to lift the parking brake from the top of my foot. lol

Also, how many of you have removed the clutch dampening box thingy? I heard it makes bleeding over 9000x easier.