Grinding noise

When i start out from first gear i hear a short loud grinding noise when the clutch grabs, it also happened a few times going into second :sad any ideas? The car was fine on my way to work and when i went to lunch, didn’t start until i was almost home

It’s a Honda? Enough said?

Sorry Rioux, I had to. :tong

i hate you :nana

Worn synchros?

think maybe syncromesh might solve the problem?

most likly, mine are going in 2nd, anyone who drives my car, no matter what, it still grinds 2nd lightly. idc tho, ive got a rebuilt tranny on stand by ;D

I’ve read good things about Redline 75w-90 gear oil with Z32’s, but idk what the recommended weight would be for your car. I use Royal Purple Synthetic 75w-90 and still grind on occasion when shifting quickly or at high RPM’s.

My Elantra grinds into 2nd occasionally. Its done that since the car was new and Ive put 63k on it already.
I was told to put the Redline gear oil in the tranny but never got around to it.

i dont think ive seen a hand full of imports that dont grind goin into second esp with miles on them

I just listened to the problem he’s describing this afternoon, it doesn’t grind when going in gear, it grinds when taking off from a dead stop or when shifting gears AFTER the car is in gear, it’s when the clutch is being released is when it makes a quick, but loud, grinding noise. Definitely not the common grinding when going into gear problem.

I was just about to write that, thanks josh cant wait to take the evo to work tommrow :giggedy

confusing griding with clutch chatter???..sounds are pretty similar…

or throwout bearing

If it’s a puck style clutch they sometimes bark and chatter. Most econoboxes don’t have synchros for first, even if they do it’s just for downshifting into it.

Stock clutch?

Sorry Rioux I’m writing back since your slackin on this :lol it’s definitely not chatter at all, not a stock clutch, it’s an ACT but i’m not sure what model, Rioux can chime in on that one.

act street clutch nothing crazy