shifter grinding?

ok so i thought it was the clutch pedal adjustment and well that didn’t work…so still when i shift into second it grinds into it. only when shifting but the grind is like a zipping noise and sounds really close as though coming right from the shifter itself…wierd…i have yet to put in new oil but i was wondering how do i do that and also will it help…is my syncro gone or is sumthing loose???wierd huh

thanks
–KC

how stiff is ur clutch?..u can bleed ur slave clyender,

most likley it could be that ur clutch has air bubbles and isint disengaging properly…so when u go into second ur riding ur clutch and pressure plate…

try that…and to change ur oil in the tranny,undo the drian plug under the tranny with the bare end of a socket wrench. and the easyist way to fill it up is undo ur shifter from the top and fill it from there…or there is a filler on the side of the tranny just above the drain hole,but thats a tight fit and a biatch to fill from under the car.

just remember to remove the plug on the side or the tranny when filling when it starts to come out of the hole on the side she is all full so put the plug back in and button it all back up

Drop some redline in that tranny and bleed the clutch, thats should pretty much eliminate all your grinding issues.

And for filling the tranny I use a hose and a funnel from the engine bay to the filler hole. I’m to lazy to pull out my shifter.

Is it grinding only when going into 2nd? Also, if the car has been sitting say overnight and with the cold weather we have been having a slight grind is normal until the tranny warms up.

I beleve it is mostly clutch setup,
Ill play with it this weekend, I am sure I can make it MUCH better when it comes to feel and the grinding. also get some redline fluid in there.

could it be the syncros? i drove a celica gt-s and it always grinded into 2nd, turns out it was the syncros.

ya it is becsue of the sencro that 2nd gear is griding but things can be done to help that

IIRC you have two co-syncros in your transmission.

1st gear has none
2nd gear and 4th gear are on one.
3rd gear and 5th gear are on one.
Reverse has none.

If it’s only scratching in second it might be fluid.

Although a scratching sound is more often than not, syncros.

Try what the people above said, change fluid, bleed, play with the clutch pedal. If not, it’s your syncros.

I beleve it is mostly clutch setup,
Ill play with it this weekend, I am sure I can make it MUCH better when it comes to feel and the grinding. also get some redline fluid in there.

i’m holding you too that benson…

HEHEHE you quoted your self

nice one

:oops: