Transmission went last night

So i was driving down transit last night in depew around 3am at 45 mph@2k rpm and it all of a sudden it just went to the red line and stopped accelerating. So I pulled into a parking lot on a hill and turned it off, started it, put it in drive and it started to roll backwards…wow

So im never buying a blazer again.

Good news is Im buying a dsm! LOL

By the way if anyone wants to buy this piece of shit 500 bucks and its yours needs a tranny lol.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm gm products ftw!

Good thing I didn’t buy it…

Did the torque converter leak at all? You might have just lost the fluid in it, I’d check that first.

What year and how many miles are on the truck? $500 isn’t bad for a truck you can get a junk yard tranny for maybe $50 LoL.

The 1st gen Envoy we have still sitting in the backyard kept throwing trannies like nothing. Except only reverse grenaded.

A 70k tranny cost like $300 back in 07.

Oh yeah and a dsm tranny isn’t any better, ask the dbag who blew 3rd gear in my 2g, plus you would have other problems.

Unless you buy it off a old man who cared for it.

manual> auto lol… import> gm.

Remember a dsm is as American as a gm or ford lol.

Weird deathproof’s prelude went through 3 manual trannys.

WAT? in all my years of horribly abusing hondas i have never blown a tranny. theyve acquired grinds… in almost evey gear… but would always work!

so wait, you’re buying a dsm for reliability? :slight_smile:

GM’s suck

it still moves alittle and it was leaking alot of fluid and it was hitting the exhaust causing it to smoke so do you think it could just be the fluid? Im not sure of the color maybe orange? Anyways someone let me know because I might sell it tommorow for 500 but if i could save the tranny i could possibly get more. thanks

Im buying a 1g dsm 2.0 N/A 5-speed 100+k miles no rust/rot road worthy for $500

Yah man check your tranny lines. I bet a line is leaking, so you loose all the fluid then bamo, tranny won’t move. It is a GM, fix the leak, fill her up and be on your way.

i bet you lost a line and all the fluid. auto tranys usually dont just go completely like that. The same thing happen to me recently and was a ruptured tranny cooler line.

prelude was on its 3rd tranny by the time I had put 7k on it.

two different 95 civics that each needed a tranny, 1 auto I bought like that and the other a stick that lasted a few thousand miles, bought it needing a clutch and throwout bearing but as it turns out the input shaft was so sloppy it was making more of the noise than the TOB was.

and a 98 ex that needed a motor, all of these cars had between 110-160k.

if its a 97+ prelude its because those trannys were terrible, im not sure why but almost anyone with that gen auto lude had to have them rebuilt at least once.

I think it was like a 92, and a manual. OP update us if the tranny is smoked or if it just lost fluid!! :slight_smile:

somethin about preludes…even the motors are not as completely reliable as a civic/integra…theyre still good though and id drive one anyday over an american made piece of junk…with the exception of older oldsmobiles and jeeps…and thats wierd ive never had a tranny problem on a honda ever…ive owned 2…my bros owned 5…my parents have one…i used to valet cars for the square building in a ramp, and the only problems we had with trannys were on fords, dodges, and chevys

I’d bet that the hardline for the transmission heat exchanger is rotted away, and its leaking.