Transporter's B8 Avant

I love that mount, I absolutely hate it when people put them on the outside like bros.

Thanks, I’m happy with the way it came out.

Picked up a Torklift Ecohitch about a week ago, it was the only hitch for the car that was made in the US, had a 2 inch receiver, and was well hidden. Little pricey compared to the Curt option but so worth it. Welds look great and the powder coat is nice and thick.

Installed it on Friday, which went pretty smoothly, just had to use a hole saw to open a hole in each muffler heat shield, and cut a notch in the rear bumper that is completely hidden once installed.

Rear bumper had to come off, and both exhaust hangers had to be unbolted

The kit came with this cool bolt fishing tool, worked really slick

And bolted in

Bumper installed

That looks good :tup:

Kick ass work on this, man. :tup:

I know it was talked about, but it breaks my heart they stopped making these in manual.

Thanks, my guess is there really isn’t a market for them anymore, people that want the third pedal go for the S. But I do finally have a flappy paddle steering wheel on the way. It shipped from Poland and is currently sitting in customs, it’s killing me, lol

Nice install on the lights. This turned out to be a nice functional daily.

Thanks, it’s definitely the most versatile car I’ve ever owned. I’m absolutely in love with it. I’ve already got my eye on an Allroad though, haha, but that’ll be a couple years…

Put the new hitch to work today moving a modular desk, I’m going to order a hitch tightener to quiet it down when I’m towing though.

Found a brand new OEM steering wheel with flappy paddles in Poland, after sitting in customs for about 4 days I finally showed up Thursday. The swap took about 10 minutes, and with the flick of one bit with VCDS I now have functioning flappy paddles!

Brand new wheel

Air bag out

Wheel mounting bolt out, there’s no taper on these splines so they slip right off

New wheel installed, I’ve only had them working for the day and I already love them. Completely changes the whole feel of the car, and the new wheel has more of a matte textured feel, so nice compared to the glossy leather original wheel.

Love that steering wheel upgrade, adds a nice touch!

Picked up a Rexing V1P dual channel dashcam last week and installed it over the weekend. Ended up taking apart a bunch of interior I had never touch before which was interesting and nerve racking, hah.

Rear camera installed

And the front camera/control unit installed. I picked up the Rexing hardwire kit for it as well, and pulled power from the mirror.

And it’s pretty much invisible from the outside, which is nice

I’m still messing with settings but I’m liking it so far. Should have some decent footage of messing around in a parking lot this morning, lol.

nice

my wife bought me a dash cam setup for my s6, its a blackvue and so far i love it. i honestly hope i never have to use it but will be glad if i do.