Travel Channel - Off Limits; Buffalo

Caught something on TV the other night which featured Buffalo and these items were explored / provided cool historical back stories:
Grain elevators
The locks in Lockport
The water intake building that is a mile out
Central Terminal
Tesla AC transformer building (now used to store boats)
Dansville Castle on the hill http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/dansvill.htm

Anyone else catch this, maybe it is old, but it is worth catching if you have not seen it.

Edit: Added a link

The show is called Off Limits - Travel Channel on Monday Nights

Seriously cool stuff. I was just flipping channels, and stopped there realizing that I recognized a lot of the Lockport stuff.

DVRd it, but havent watch.

It’s called Off Limits on Travel. I have never watched it before but recorded it when I saw it was about Buffalo

Cool updated title and added a link. I wonder how much added security they are going to have at these places now.

anyone know when this will be showing again? i would like to watch that episode

It’s on my DVR. Search your channel listings on your set-top box, I am sure they’ll re-run it or post it on their website.

someone want to upload it? I’ll check my “sources” and see if I can come up with a link otherwise.

x2

According to their website, it looks like it won’t be on again for a while.
Next week they are airing San Fran and Seattle a couple times.

dvr’d it and watched it last night. Very good episode and had alot of good things to see about the area.

Online link? Wheres the dansville castle, google earth shot?

None, these are are places that UE’ers are already familiar with. Any security deemed required / cost effective is already in place.

BCT for example is a maze to begin with, and added to that are bricked up doors, motion sensors everywhere, barricaded doors, barricaded hallways, BPD uses the location as a hangout / drug raid staging area, and CSX is happy to chase you down too.

I’ll be checking demonoid for this when I get home.

Damn, they really stepped it up over the past few years. I explored there around 2006 (iirc) and pretty much walked right in. Got into pretty much everywhere, including some tight basement areas. Only place I couldn’t manage to reach was the top of the tower. No sensors, bricked doors, or cops though.

There is ALWAYS a BDP cop car there. I never go past there without seeing one sitting on the side closest to Fillmore.

If you really wanna get inside the terminal, maybe go for an event and then sneak away, sure you might get busted, but you can just act nonchalant and confused. If you go next Dyngus Day they’ll just think you’re plastered.

You would be surprised how quick you run into a locked gate if you try to sneak away during an event like dyngus day,

Best bet is actually to become a CTRC member and take one of the MEMBER tours, not one of the Buffalo Tours or Ghosthunter tours.

I was a member and volunteer there, I know the drill.

I signed up to volunteer there and I get the email they send out but wasn’t sure how to actually take the next step. What do you do?

Can’t find a address.
Here was a clip they had online. I know I have seen it while driving down there visiting family, but never stopped.
http://www.travelchannel.com/Video/don-finds-historic-health-spa-15341

Edit found it:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19206301

1)Call Hank, hes one of the board members (cell) 207-4335
2) show up for a wed or sat work session
3) dont breath to much of the dust
4) ignore bill and larry

and if your gonna bring a camera, make sure its one that fits in your pocket. Out of sight out of mind.