Traveling 2800 miles, what do I take?

Traveling to Miami from NYC and back for NYE.

Currently I got:

1. 4 gallons of anti freeze / 1 gallon distilled water
  2. Extra gas can (filled up)
  3. Jumper cables
  4. Power steering fluid/oil
  5. Spare and fix a flat (can) along with jack/etc to change tire
  6. Transmission fluid checked along with alternator, water and fuel pump.

Did I forget anything?

A plane ticket

Boring.

Are you driving alone?

If you have to bring all that shit maybe you should buy a better car?

Daily driving is probably harder on the car then that long trip.

With 2 buddies, we stopping in Atlanta then continuing our journey for sun.

Buy a better car because I bring anti freeze, extra gas and a spare? Fuck off :rolljerk:

word. I was gonna say if you were going alone, then you’d be INSANE for not flying, but with the dudes it’s sure to be a good time.

There’s not a LOT you can prepare for…

i say just get in and drive, you seem to have really good luck with things…

yeah theres not much you can do

my dad always for some reason tries to make me keep spare brake pads and belts in the car. If you break down though, will you really have the resources to repair it on the side of the road? Even with a few ratchets, most stuff won’t be fixable. Chances are with the belts and brake pads in the car, I’d blow a rad hose or something.

Your AAA card.

$$$

Food

honestly, I wouldnt even bring the gas cans. theres gas stations all over the place. once you start getting low, just pull off and get gas…

for a trip like that, that is the best suggestion. I took trip from buffalo down to tampa with several stops along the coast to party. The trip ended up being over 5K miles. a AAA card and money were the only things we packed for anything to happen

What is this, Oregon Trail?

^^^LOL

I jumped in my POS Firebird one day and drove from Dallas -> Buffalo with no supplies :frowning:

IBBrooklyn died of dysentery.

As stated, AAA card is key.

Cell phone car charger, mobile internet of some sort for information. Atlas for when GPS doesn’t work. fix a flat, mp3 player packed with jack johnson, axe body spray and a bag of black dildos.

dump your buddies and get 3 hookers…

i ALWAYS keep a socket set along with pliers, screwdrivers, ZIP TIES, hose clamps, a lot of misc shit in my trunk. also, since its winter; shovel, boots with extra socks, spare floor mats (to lay on instead of the ground) extra gallon of rain-x washer fluid, good gloves.

I dont reccomend traveling with gas in the gas can, its stinky and dangerous. just have it empty so if you really need it you can just get someone to give you a ride to a gas station.

not really sure what 4 gallons of antifreeze will do ya, if you lose that much you have bigger problems. maybe a gallon of 50/50.

take your car to monroe muffler or whatever and tell them you are going on a long road trip and want to make sure it will make it. then when they tell you it needs $XXXX worth of work say I have to go home and talk it over with the GF and whammo, you know what could be wrong with your car, or atleast where you might want to take a look for your self.