Troopers ambushed

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/01/troopers.shot.ap/index.html

FREDONIA, New York (AP) – Two New York state troopers were in critical condition Friday after being shot with what investigators believe was a high-powered rifle fired by an escaped convict.

Joseph Longobardo, 32, and Donald Baker Jr., 38, were shot Thursday evening in Chautauqua County in western New York, State Police Superintendent Wayne Bennett said. Escaped convict Ralph “Bucky” Phillips is the prime suspect in the shootings, he said.

“It’s clear to me the troopers were ambushed,” Bennett said.

One trooper was shot in the back with a bullet that pierced his bullet-resistant vest and exited through his abdomen, Bennett said. The other was shot in the thigh and suffered massive blood loss due to a severed artery, he said.

Neither trooper saw Phillips before they were shot.

Bennett, who flew from Albany to the state police barracks in Fredonia late Thursday, ordered 75 additional troopers to help with the manhunt for Phillips around western New York.

Phillips, 44, escaped on April 2 from the Erie County jail, where he was sent for violating parole on a burglary conviction, police said.

He is wanted in the June 10 shooting of a state trooper near Elmira. Trooper Sean Brown survived after being shot in the abdomen as he approached a stolen car believed to be driven by Phillips.

Since his escape, Phillips has evaded police and helped himself to food, clothes and guns from unattended homes and hunting cabins in western New York.

He is believed to have stolen about 15 cars since his escape, police said.

Last weekend, Phillips was suspected of stealing several weapons from a gun shop and a nearby car, state police said.

Police believe Phillips has been traveling back and forth between Philadelphia and New York state, Bennett said.

A $50,000 reward offered for information leading to Phillips’ arrest and conviction has so far not stopped friends and family members from helping him avoid capture, police said.

BUCKY: YOUR ONE DEAD S.O.B

Point of no return ->| ---------------------------> Bucky

Wether this was him or not, if a trooper see’s him, and has a shot…

now what will the “bucky” supporters say?

he just shot two law enforcement officers

National Guard is supposed to come search the woods I heard.

He had already shot one and they still supported him, so I doubt this will change much.

And yeah, they should just shoot on sight. In the head, in the back, no one is going to care. Verify it’s him with a scope and drop him.

you mean two MORE law enforcement officers. he shot the other one a few months back in the stomach

seriously they need to bring in like 2,000 N.G. and get this f’n scumbag.

it was probably just an accident. i bet it was friendly fire and they blaming bucky so they dont look as bad. buckys probably in the woods somewhere laughing at the government and all the agencies that have been sent out to find him. RUN BUCKY RUN!

from what i heard yesterday…one of the troopers died

:tdown:

YOU’RE

I don’t think either trooper died, bucky or not whoever did this needs to DIAF

^^ i remember watching the game last night for a bit…and breaking news came on to update and they said one of the troopers died…so i dunno

This is the first time I’ve heard about any of this Bucky stuff, so maybe this is obvious to everyone else and not me… but how did they connect him to this shooting?

I hope not but all i can seem to find is that they are both in critical condition.

Fuck bucky!

BTW if anyone wants to put that on a tshirt go for it.

all this is hear say bull shit. they NEVER saw bucky, it could have been one of the crazy asshole townies that lives down here in fredonia. and he didnt shoot the first officer either, the dumb ass fumbled his hanggun and shot him self. it seems like every time someone commits a crime and noone saw who they blame bucky :tdown:

I was talking to my mom yesterday about this and she was like hes gonna be swiss cheese

oh damn!!! i’l keep an eye out

Wow you’re retarded. Ballistics matched the bullet in the first cop to the gun Bucky dropped.

And yeah, two cops who were staking out Bucky’s ex-wife’s house were shot with a high powered rifled, one of whom was shot THROUGH his bullet proof vest IN THE BACK, just happen to be some other disgruntled redneck. Get a clue.

I’m definately for fucking up the person who did this, but if there is zero evidence it was this escaped convict… well then wtf?

We have a jury system and the concept of justice for a reason. Everyone is just assuming…