Truckers in Florida fed up with high fuel prices

or become a company driver, cheaper headaches

:bigthumb:

Company driver = More money for booze and hookers
( not on the job :slight_smile: )
and laughing at beat90tsi while he bitches on pittspeed about truckers

The smaller trucking companies are going to go under very soon.

California is passing all kinda Smog laws for trucks. Trucks delivering to the ports have to be 2007 or newer. All older rigs must be outfitted with Retro-fit cat-converters at $10k a pop.

Caterpillar is producing their own line of trucks that abid by these new laws.

$10k for a retro-fit converter on every truck, every couple years. alotta small businesses going under.

This affects everyone of us, not just the truckers (also planes, trains, ships, etc). The trucks deliver the goods to the places where we buy them. Fuel is technically the backbone of this country. Everything we use on a daily basis has something to do with oil in one way or another.

Taking inflation into consideration, fuel should be around $1.51/gallon, both deisel & gasoline. When Clinton went into office, fuel was averaging around $1.10/gallon. 8 yrs later when GW took the reigns, fuel averaged around $1.31/gallon. Now 8 yrs after that it is averaging $3.30/gallon, where it should be around 20-21 cents more than it was 8 yrs ago. I’m not supporting Clinton, or disparaging Bush (they are both scumbags).

I’m not really into political BS, but it looks to me like the country is going to shit, while these big oil tycoons get filthy rich. Then these smug scumbags sit in front of congress, when asked about the fuel prices & they say “life’s tough, get over it”.

I believe we as a country should support the truckers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Gas_Prices_Medium_Term.png

In Saudi Arabia it’s $.45 a gallon. In Iran it’s $.33

i hate oil misconceptions, oil suppliers dont determine the price of a barrel of oil. The stock market does. FACT.

true … and it’s price isn’t just more for some countries than others… ultimately refinement and distribution dictate the end price.

Correct and we have TONS of refineries and massive distribution needs. I gets annoying that people simplify it to a couple of execs setting whatever price they want over a cognac. If it was indeed true, this country would’ve sunk ages ago.