True "Touchless" washes with monthly programs?

The “rag drag.”

Bingo

Later in the life of my last truck (when I didn’t care as much about the paint) I’d specifically ask for the $5 “touch” wash at Delta Sonic with the spinning side brushes. It actually cleaned the sides MUCH better than even the highest price wash especially in the winter.

When Delta’s wash doesn’t fully clean the sides of your vehicle, then the attendant smears it around with that suspicious towel…

https://img.memesuper.com/500e5784a06b6688b9d295ac68ea042e_dondave-follow-eww-meme-face-eww-face-meme_432-298.jpeg

Delta scratched my car pretty good by the the rag. Went back to complain and got no satisfaction from their team. Car was brand new and that was the first time washed so there was no doubt it was that person. Lesson learned but I will never use their services again. Its a shame too for them because my wife was a regular there with detailing and gas and almost everything else they offer.

I use the Laser Wash by NOCO in N. Tonawanda on Payne Ave. No problems at all other than sometimes there is a long line. Hand wash in the driveway when the weather is noice.

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37076&stc=1Near Southwstern Blvd and Camp. Has a PDQ lazerwash.

Might have to go to that one next time @Scott. I just rolled through my usual a few minutes ago and the fucker was out of soap! It’s usually perfect.

Delta disaster…

^ http://jalopnik.com/this-disaster-will-make-you-never-use-an-automated-car-1793709359

Update. I tried this one yesterday and it was TERRIBLE.

Specifically, the first soap pass there was barely any soap. This sometimes happens on these machines when the weather gets nice, everyone starts to use them and the owners don’t pay close attention.

Next the wand only does one front and rear pass. Hell, it didn’t even get the soap off. This has to be a water ($$$) saver setting because depending on where you go some of these machines will do several passes over the front and rear. If you have dirt built up on your rear or bugs on the front of your vehicle this makes the wash essentially useless.

The polish step was missing some of the polish, maybe it’s just out.

Lastly the drying cycle is only one pass. Again, this must be some sort of cost savings setting as other washes will do more.

I drove away with a car that was dripping wet and no cleaner than when I entered. At least the top wash was only $9 and not $12+ like some other places.

https://www.enterpriseirregulars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/suck-o-meter.jpg

ha that stinks. I can say the truck has always been clean and pretty dry when leaving. But I haven’t been back there since using the one across from Apple Tree. Been using the $8 deluxe then driving over to apple tree for a quick wipe down of the few spots that are left.

I’ll try the Rusiniaks one next, but my expectations are low, lol.

Tried that one by Basil last year…same impressions as you, have yet to go back.
Make the drive to Marilla one day, they put on 3x as much soap vs the norm and it smells edible…lol.

Man, you guys are killing me, lol. @2TurboZ

The Rusiniak’s one is terrible too. Lazerwash 4000? How is a carwash from 1989 even still working? Oh wait, it’s not… biggest complaint was a lack of any polish at all. This thing was bone dry, just spitting out water. It did do two soap passes (more than Basil) but no pre-rinse pass. One rinse pass. And the dry pass might as well not have even happened. This is for the top $9 wash too.

It’s going to rain tomorrow, that will get my car clean enough. :slight_smile:

I just gave up and started hand washing in the driveway again

People with 100k range rovers should be using better wash methods…obviously too picky for us common folk. All touchless washes are horrible…they dont clean a truly dirty vehicle. I like rusiniaks because they have enough water pressure to blast bird shit off.

I disagree. If you’ve been though one that is setup properly they work great. I think that most in this area “dumb down” their washes to save on costs. It’s remarkable how different they are location to location.

I dont see how a vehicle can be its cleanest if you dont use some form of abrasion or agitation to get the dirt off.

With proper water temperature, softness and solvents you can damn close. I think we’re just willing to accept shitty car washes around here.

Not all of us are world travelers seeking out the finest in luxury touchless auto washes…