Review, Laserwash, Millersport/N.Forest

Two words, “IT SUCKS”. That was for those of you that always whine for cliff’s notes. There, you can stop reading. =)

More in depth review:
I took my Expedition, my daily driver that almost never goes off road, because it had some decent grime built up from getting caught in several of those rain storms last week, one of them on the 190. No mud, no burned on bugs, just a dull film. The front rims are a little dirty with some brake dust, but nothing horrible like what I had before switching to ceramic pads.

I get the Top-O-The-Line $8 wash. They aren’t lying, it’s completely touchless, which is probably part of the reason it didn’t work. It takes a good 10 minutes to complete it’s little robotic dance around my truck, including the dryer. I drive the one block back to work and get out to check out the results. Hmm, still has the same film layer as before, but now with spots. The front rims looks identical as before the wash. One of my co-workers look at it and says he could have done better than that just spraying it down with the hose we use to water the flowers in front of the office. Thanks smartass.

So I go back, talk to the person at the counter, and their brilliant plan is “try it again”. They give me a code to punch in for a free $8 wonder wash. Yay! I decide to try a different bay, just for the hell of it. So I sit for another 10 minutes while the robo-arm throws a barage of water/soap/water/soap/hot air on my truck. I pull out, and it’s better but still looks like I paid some 5 year old mentally challenged kid to wash it. At this point I’ve wasted enough time on $8 and just leave, figuring I’d rather share my story with the rest of WNY and hopefully cost them much more than the $8 I wasted than go back and fight for $8.

yea as much as i hate brushes or cloths on my car the ones at Sunoco has nice wheel scrubbing brushes when u need a kwik wash in a hurry…but usually hand wash is the best …although the Expo is quite large

yea it does suck.

elbow grease ftw!

most of those dam things suck big time

It takes me all of 30 minutes to wash my car. That’s including the wheels, quick detailer after, and dressing the tires/trim.

Yeah, normally I hand wash it in the driveway, but last week I worked almost 64 hours and pulled the trans from the Fiero. Add in general house/yard work and $8 and 10 minutes driving back from lunch looked like a deal, as long as it did a decent job. I was just shocked it couldn’t get the most basic little bit of grime off. I figured the rims wouldn’t be clean but would have been fine with that.

OT: Block party saturday. :wave:

LOL… yep. My wife is one of the ones organizing it again too. And this time I’m not leaving early to drive to SEAD for an autocross.

Oddly enough I don’t even live on your block…I just show up and run the snowcone machine.

I had a good experience with the laserwash on union across from the appletree mall.My truck was plastered in salt and it took everything off and the underbody flush was good too.

I kinda liked the laser wash for what it is. I don’t expect it to be perfect. Works well in a pinch.

the most important question: What’s the code for the free wash?

It flashed up a “validating code” thing, so I’m sure it was a one time use. She punched something in on the cash register and it printed out a little ticket.

Honestly, I wouldn’t waste another 10 minutes even if it was free. I’ll take a picture of the side of my truck later if I remember.

works fucking great on my car…

New slogans:
Laserwash- “Works great if you’re left of center”
Laserwash- “Watch us fuck this huge SUV owner out of $8”
Laserwash- “This is what you get bitch! If you expect better results for your $8, hire a mexican!”

Maybe it only works for short people with short cars.

ELLL OOOO ELLL

thank goodness it works fucking great because if it were to only work fucking well we would have a big problem.

See, I cheat a little with that… I usually spray my wheels with Eagle One Wheel Cleaner before I start the wash.