Tuning?

Well I’m looking to get my bike tuned with my PCIII, I’m planning on taking it to Ray Laks Motorsports and i was just wondering if anyone on here has done it. I’m just nervous about leaving my bike somewhere where i can’t keep an eye on what they are doing. The guy told me it ranges from 140-200 when i called and thought it was very reasonable. If you havent gotten it tuned there let me know where you did and how your experience was.

i have not done it personally but a buddy of mine has a triumph 675 and he got tuning software that he can use a laptop to tune it himself…not sure if thats what u have but he is a mechanic and really good at it im sure he would help you out…plus if you have that software there are sites and forums for it that people have put their tune specs on it and you can use those too…not sure if thats how ur set up is but thought id throw this out there for ya

fast by gast on grand island is who is going to do mine.

do you just have a power commander? what else is done? you can’t find a custom map on the bike specific forum for your model?

I was told my numerous ppl on forums that the maps that power commander give you make you worse off and that you need to get it tuned on a dyno. Couple guys showed some charts of PC map, stock and custom tune, and it was a difference of 8hp, with just exhaust and filter. Lost 2hp from the PC’s map. So I would like to get it maped but i want a reputable place to do it. Plus i just bought +4 ignition advancer and velocity stacks.

I still say stay away from ray laks for it. 134hp on a modded 06 r1… something isnt right. fast by gast or de twin cam on broadway get my vote.

I would NEVER have my bike tuned by a dealer.

Yea if you’ve got a few things done go get dyno tuned. If you had slip ons and power commander I wouldn’t spend the money, just use a tune from the site.

DE twin cam FTW. went there yesterday for a chain master link and ended up walking out with a new pair of Icon boots and an Icon Airframe helmet. Awesome guys to deal with and they know their shit. +1

Do not go to Hot To Go Racing in grand island. Eric the manager had my brothers 1000rr for 4 weeks in fucking august for a new fuel pump and custom dyno tune. He charged him $960 for the fuel pump and dyno time. He is a dumb ass who does not know what he is doing. HTG is a unprofessional, unorganized, and very expensive shop. We went to Fast By Gast and he said they were backed up for 2 months and recomended HTG cuz they were down the street. I would go to Ray Laks cuz they have dynojet certified techs and the price is reasonable. I’m not to sure about de twin cam on broadway. And about the 06 r1 at ray laks with 134 or so hp, faggt eric at Hot To Go said his 03 r1 only put down 135 at the wheel. I talked to ray laks tech a few times and he mentioned some litre bikes and busas he did and the numbers were not that low. I would give ray laks a try. U can also b there when they tune it. Well good luck tim and let me know what u decide.

don’t they sell the self tuning modules? Or is that only for the Bazazz(er something like that). I’d think after a couple dyno tunes, the self tuning would be worth it.

An 03 R1 that isnt heavily modified will only put down 135 at the wheel. An 06 should be in the 140s-150s stock.