tunning question

So I made an appointment at innovative to get my 08 wrx tuned about a month ago for today. I called a few days ago to double check the time and they forgot to put me on the schedule. So they said I could come in at 7am (no big deal). Yesterday I put my aem cold air intake on in prep for today. And last night I got finished around midnight with my invidia downpipe install. So me being a jackass I set my alarm on my phone for 6am but didn’t plug the charger in all the way I guess. Well the phone died/alarm never went off and I missed the appt. Totally my fault. There next appt isn’t available until june 11… What do I do now???

I researched accessports but none are compatible with my intake.
So do I put the stock intake back on, sell the aem one, buy the accessport and get a different intake
Or
Go all the way stock and wait…
I have to do something, I can’t not drive my car that long

An intake is and intake and a down pipe is a down pipe.

Cobb should be close enough.

I called perin and they said that its not compatible…

Rant on here long enough and have them fit you in…

That’s not what I’m looking for. I fucked up, I thought I made that clear. I just want to be able drive my car

why not just get a mail order tune?

Return to stock.

your car isn’t gonna die without a tune on just an intake and a downpipe

I was under the impression modded WRX’s ran like dogshit w/out a tune?

really? I don’t know…I am not a WRX expert. I’ve never heard of a car that had much trouble with intake and a DP though.

I was thinking the same thing… It’s not like you changed Turbo’s or Fuel Injectors, etc.

unless they made it to be fubar’d on purpose from the factory, your stock ecu should be able to compensate for the addition of an intake and downpipe.

do not run without a tune you will spike lean on subarus. if you have an accessport there are plenty of places you can pay for a tune from. it will be safe till you get a real tune. the can computers will oveboost and spike lean without tunes.I made a mistake on this.

You do realize an intake is a piece of tubing?

It might be slightly different than cobbs unit, but im sure an AP will bring you close enough.

im also no wrx expert, but is it really getting that much more air that the stock ecu cant compensate? it tunes it normally, why cant it tune it with an intake?

and why not with a downpipe? its an exhaust part, and its not like hes freeing up a bunch of backpressure since he still has stock exhaust.

Freeing up airflow on both sides of the turbo causes it to spool much faster and more aggressively. More air rapidly moving in leads to more air than fuel - IE, lean spike. Lean spike = bad.

Thats the simple answer.

He needs a tune, regardless.

dynoflash

bro

i understand the workings of what goes on. but rate of airflow changes all the time based on how you drive, and the ecu still adjusts for it, no?

i just dont see why it wouldnt be able to handle an intake. ive seens gti’s do it. if you were upping the boost, sure, but imo its just not enough of a change to be “worried.”

in the end, yes, he needs a tune regardless. would I go through the work of taking everything off, just to put it back on again? no. but whatevers clever i guess.

pcm controlled boost stock boost is 11.9 with out a tune it will spike 15 in third and 23-24 in 4th