turbo d16z6

imma grab another z6 and build it up a little. Whats all needed to be replaced to run like 300whp. I know rods pistons rings what else ?? And what am i lookin at money wize. If u can make a list of parts i should upgrade. Its a daily driver so reliability is a must. thats why i wanna build another blockup. 300whp should be reliable street if done right and not beat on.

b18 swap ftw wait guck that boost a k20a3 …engine for 700 k-pro for 1000 and then a turbo kit on stock internals + shitty tune your looking at 12 psi at 300whp dd

I’m starting to see all kinda stock D16’s pullin over 300whp. I’d say focus on a good HG and arp studs. Get a y8 intake mani, bigger cam and tune tune tune!

…a 60-1 wouldn’t hurt either :wink:

Search for Vitara pistons. They are going for $120 and yield a 8.5:1 compression ratio. There is a wait for them since the demand is so great since they are so cheap. Check out tunertoys.com for some rods. The vitaras are holding MANY 400+ setups. I don’t really like 8.5:1 compression ratios b/c they seem to be so laggy on the bottom end. JE has some 9.2:1(i think) but are near atleast $400. As gearhead was saying, get some ARP Headstuds, and a new Honda factory headgasket and your top will be complete for those HP goals.

oh yes…whatever you do don’t keep pushing off that tune…it WILL blow up.

i tuned my shit last night. runs great. no stutter and everything is perfect. Didnt take long to tune it. so its not blowing up right now

sweet

first time i was ever able to feel dseries vtec

My friend has a SRP piston 8.5:1 compression zex cam and I believe eagle rod ARP headbolts d16 with the z6 head running motor for sale. PM me if you want his contact info.

how did you tune this now?

conservitive street tune…

wideband? egt? …or

seat-of-pants? does-it-blow-black-smoke-or-not?

wideband

i pulled the plugs out today and replaced them with new ones. They look perfect. Runs great. Even runs better then before. Its tuned right. not for hp gains

thats good to hear, any kills yet?

92 hatch ls, cobalt ss, mustang 4.6 and my friend said this corvette was full throttle trying 2 catch me but idk it was falling behind good. but thats bout it. i had bout 20 car lengths on the hatch within half a mile lol my old hatch that is

with a slipping clutch 182.5whp and 179ft torque