Turbo Diesels

gotta love the black smoke
thought this video was pretty good
http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/1/F26005F1-67F6-4BF5-A17F-2CCA1C9D2D2F.htm

nice,but dodge & cummis broke up!

Since when?

videos that use part of the original video are bs

2:17 they snuck in a crew cab dually chevy.

and smoke is loss of power… it looks cool but it is not needed to make power. we have 4 powerstrokes at our work one crew cab dually one ext cab non dually and two reg cab non duallys. gotta love the sound of a diesel.

Wrong …

Partally correct. Diesels run TOTALLY different from gas motors. Gas motors rely mostly on air to make power (I understand that they need fuel as well to even out the ratio)… but … they run (for the most part) great on a pretty even ratio. Were as a diesel … NEEDS fuel to make power. They absolutly need it. Without “overfueling” the power … your not going to make the power. Smoke is un-burned fuel. Do you NEED it to make power? … Yes and No. IT really depends on WHAT motor you are running. My dad’s 04 cummins for example … runs cleaner than my 96 … BUT … on the flip side I have the potental to make a lot more power than him. My 12 valve motor is run mechanically … were as his is electronic. His wont feed the extra fuel until the computer reads that boost has come into play, as where mine will push full fuel, even without boost.

Go to a pull, or a major event … and find diesels that are making GOOD numbers that dont blow smoke. It wont happen. Depending how you have things set up, it can just smoke before boost, and clear up when boost kicks in … in the middle … or all the way.

The way my truck is set up right now at 411.7hp at 45 pounds of boost(need to change sig) … it rolls the smoke. I can STOP traffic (if I want to) … Under normal driving conditions it smokes, but not a whole lot. I also run hot pretty fast. I need more air and need to get rid of my 56mm wheel charger and go to a 66mm wheel charger. With that I will also add more fuel into the mix(along with ALOT of head work to hold it on the block) and I should be between 500-550. I could go on forever on this topic … but I will leave it at that. I actually havn’t even watched the video yet …

But as far as smoke is NOT needed to make power … your right … fuel is needed. But … fuel produces smoke. If your looking to make decent numbers in a newer/computer driven truck … (like 300-350) … you hardly will smoke.

Im done

Just got done watching the video … Its old … but still one of my favorites

u sure

100% … They are releasing the new motor for the “work” comercial line trucks very shortly. There not breaking up … and ford does not own cummins … Ford has STOCK in cummins …