Turbo Motor Swap

Hey everyone, so Im swapping my old motor for a recently rebuilt turbo motor. I got the old motor out today did a full A/C delete. So before I pulled the motor out and I had the exhaust manifold off, I put on my top mount turbo exhaust manifold and attempted to install the turbo just to see how everything lines up and I couldnt even get the turbo on. It hits the brake booster. Not even to the amount that I might be able to bend or sand something down, its the very end of the brake booster. My only thought is making a wedge adapter for the manifold to place the turbo away from the brake booster. Any other ideas of what to do? I cant be the only one that has come across this problem. Btw it was originally NA motor if that makes a difference.

which motor do u have…? what manifold…what turbo…i believe certain brake boosters are fatter on s13 whether it is abs/auto/manual i dont know but look into that also u might just be able to get a skinnier brake booster

Its a 1993 Nissan 240sx coupe, KA24DE, Manual, ABS. Its a cast top mount exhaust manifold, and a ar .63 turbo

yea i believe the abs brake boosters are thicker by a few inches…would that give u the clearance u need? or an s14 one is smaller and u can put that on the s13…

here looked it up…

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50396&highlight=

this should solve your issues

Alright, thanks that helps alot

So if I swap the brake booster for a S14 ABS is it just bolt on? I wont have to change anything else?

i believe so…and it gives u much more clearance

Ok, Ill try and track down a S14 M/T ABS Brake booster as I still want my abs

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Or will that work? I looked at those pictures again and it only compares S14 ABS and non ABS it doesnt show the difference between s13 abs and a s14 abs. Is the s14 abs smaller?

it shows s13 5 speed non abs…and why do u want abs if your making a ka-t???,tear it out and just run the brake lines…

also with how close your turbo is going to be to your brake master you may want to get a brake master shield so you dont drive along and melt your brake master

Ok Ive got my turbo positioning problems solved. Now I have some more questions. I’ve looked online but I dont see how there answeres are correct.

1. The PCV valves system. Ive seen some people tear apart some of the access crap from there intake for turbo swaps and people say to leave the PCV. How will this work when its turbo’d because it operates on vacuum and if its turbo’d it will become pressurized.

2. The throttle plate butterflies. (Where the intake manifold bolts up to the head there are those series of butterflies) Once again those work on vacuum so if its turbo’d and pressurizes those lines wont it close those butterflies? Should I just take them out?

3. The EGR system. (Small black box with some hoses, one goes into the stock air intake box, near the intake manifold that is bolted onto the strut tower) Can I just take that off? Its only emission junk right? Will it throw a code to the ECU and then not run if I take that out?

4. Brake Booster vacuum line. Where will I put this now if my car is turbo’d because that line will pressurize thus not letting the brake booster system work properly.

5. Oil feed line. People just drill them right into the oil filter attachment?

Any help on any of these questions would be much appreciated, thanks.