turbo rebuild??

does anyone know where i can either get the kit to rebuild my 60-1? or a place that acually rebuilds them? slow boy wants like 300-400 buucks,

:eek4: Did you perhaps find the source of the smoke?

pretty much the price of the standard rebuild because of the cost of spin balancing…

give Precision a call
Phone: 219.996.7832
www.precisionturbo.net

last i heard they were rebuilding 60-1 at a reasonable price

I can hook you up. Get ahold of me.

i just orderd a rebuild kit from turbonetcs, like$160,

what killed it??? is what i am curious of, my golden eagle iol adapter, does that send filterd oil i wonder?

is that the same golden eagle adapter kit you would use for LSvtec?

It seems like it would have to pass through the filter to get to the outside of that donut

well you have to take it apart to see…if there are blue heat marks on the shaft it was a low oil if it was just blowing smoke could be the seals from too much oil pressure

i was going to ask if you use an oil restrictor on that turbo? if so, what size? .60 / .63?

no blue marks, the bearings went bad, and blew the seals, there was slight shaft play when i bought it, it came with some sord of restrictor when i got the turbo im gonna have to look,

yea i used the ls-vtec adapter, i geuss im gonna get a turbo timer and use only oem oil filters from here on out!!
(there is like 20k on my turbo of abuse, sorda i was only at 10 lbs)

I dunno if I would trust turbonetics

The dude seemd cool and like he knew what he was talken about, the shit will be here thursday so i will find out then,

everyone always seems to know what they’re talking about

Theres a place out here that probably does it cheaper. They have a place in allentown as well as out here. 800-322-9609

i have never had a problem w/ anything i got from turbonetics. nothing but pain free operation.

as far as rebuildiong goes… i’d just send it out and let someone do it. because if they fuck up the balancing and the wheel scrapes a housing, then they are paying to fix it, which chances are the turbo would b f’d and they are buying a new one…