Turbo Spool Sounds Amazing

can anyone else say why it spools like that ? what causes it etc? it says its a T51R but thats the nicest spool ever heard

all in the piping. allllllll of it. i built a turbo set up for my g’s s-10 (as seen in my avatar) with a little piss poor CT-9 and the mother fu<ker sounded amazing. spool, wastegate, hard boost it all sounded wicked. and ran awesome too

^^^ Can you elaborate a bit more? what do you mean, its all in the piping? Length? thickness? angles?

sounds amazing

its 2jz thats why lol end of story

yeah 2jz one turbo probably high psi makes sweet sounds and power

FUCKEN OLD!!

…I watched this video back in 01’ - 02’ lmao!

• that supra ripped but you could tell it had some lag or something before the turbo fully spooled up and got it!

That sounded nice but did’nt really move…huge lag heavy cars

^ maybe trubo lag was his way of giving a headstart? :o

It didn’t even move like a laggy car, it should’ve taken off like a rocket… Sounded like he was shifting just into boost… Either that or an external gate that’s piped back into the exhaust. Most vids you see they’ve got it dumped with a screamer pipe. That’s why this one was more subdued sounding.

thats sooooo misleading and untrue 87s15lt1 lol
alllllll of it is in the design of the turbo wheel and sometimes the compressor cover…a t51r turbo is an hks turbo with a unique wheel and an antisurge cover, that why it sounds like that…
some borg warner turbos share the same characteristics:here

i have no idea what turbo he is running in that car, did not sound stock.

piping…the manifold. intake to the turbo. all of it really. you want to force the air in and out. Big ass pipes are not always the best for that. the bigger the pipes the more space there is to take up. Depending on you set up of course. The CT-9 i ran on my g’s s-10 with a 2.2 had iirc 1 7/8" piping everywhere. Minus the intake directly at the intake mani.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v182/138/77/511130257/n511130257_2493080_2819.jpg

it’s not pretty…i know. but for 16 hours of work…it fuckin moved. stock injectors…ecu all of it o.e. just smashed the fuel regulated with a 5/16" socket :wink:

[QUOTE=87s15lt1;384741]i have no idea what turbo he is running in that car, did not sound stock.]

we already acknowledge that its a T51R turbo so odviously it aint stock…
"can anyone else say why it spools like that ? what causes it etc? it says its a T51R but thats the nicest spool ever heard "

im not doubting that your 16 turbo kit didnt move…im just correcting you and answering the question about the sound of that turbo on the supra!!!

I honestly think, it’s cuz it’s a 2jz motor…

most Supra’s I’ve heard, make that kind of sound. Makes me want to watch those REDLINE videos on Supras now off youtube haha.

Every motor got its unique tone but the sound of a turbo spooling is something totally different… it may seem like its a supra thing cause they usually run big turbos!!! if you notice alot of trucks also make that sound because of the size turbos they run heres another e.g http://videos.streetfire.net/video/insane-dodge-diesel-to-up_84920.htm

^ I’ve seen the light…it’s all turbo!! haha

usually run big turbos!!! like you? i still haven`t heard your car stephen says you hit him by accident does your car still go?if so lets here some turbo spoolin vids

lol im only running a t67 thats small in the supra world but yeah i`ll be out in april…

People probably already said it but it’s 100% the T51R turbo that is making that sound. NOT the piping. And sorry guys, unless you’re running big power like DA_1 or even Acidz, don’t bother getting one.

Dont worry they cant spool it or afford lol it check out the price:
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=818