Possible to build a 400whp sr that spools by 2000-3000rpm?

Well is it? spooling at 4000rpm to get that sort of power kind of is high up in the revs heh… lagged…

Sequential Twin-Turbos

Do it.

I’m going with no…

yeah no thats not happening, youve got a better chance with a KA, but even then its still not happening.

I finally have a job so I can actually do things that are worth to the car… despite paying off debts right now at least i can move into gear with some bigger plans for the car.

I already have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done next, but when it comes to engine choice I just cant make up my damn mind.

Even with an RB i guess its not that possible to have a low spool time… that would be my dream engine though… 400whp 2000rpm spool…

Shit man… I can feel the power now in my mind LOL jk

I can’t make up my mind on engine choices, rb20det is out (i was such a pro-rb20det person until I saw how it actually is and the many dynos of it, sr20det has better damn torque)

rb25det even with the full race mounts and driveshaft make me still feel iffy about handling downsides (I dont care how ‘minor’ or major it may be to others im anal about weight and weight distribution, i want to improve it not ruin it or worsen it).

rb26 is out of the question rb25 would be just the same shiznit to me. I don’t need a 800whp dragster.

LS v8 feels tempting and feels as good as an rb25 or even better imho… but i dont have enough info on that… I want to get some seat time in jam’s ride when its done (is it done? His car seems to never get completed).

the nissan v6/v8 swaps are okay but i rather go ls if im going that way imho… doesn’t attract me too much and it seems more of a “lets do it cause its unique and cool” more than anything else.

Getting some big ass engine that can spool by 2000rpm or make the amount of torque and hp that i want musn’t be at the cost of alot of weight or any weight for that matter.

So I then gave up on plans of going rb25 and again considered going sr20 route… but then again the lag and spool time would piss me off when using a large snail…

I dont want a slow and noisy stock sr… that goes pshht pshht pshhht… So rebuilding bottom/top end and large snails kind of beat the point of having a 400whp car imho if it takes so damn long to spool.

Have twin sequential setups been done to SRs before? Dynos? Weight? Setup info?

When I do something I want to do it right… otherwise its just a damn waste of time and money… and I don’t like to start something and not finish it either. Cheapening out always ends up costing more in the long run. Spending money over and over is also just ridiculous. At the same time, I don’t have money to go around lol… so planning this is taking me a while. I don’t want to be like jam either and never get my car completed haha sorry jam.

How old are you? I know you’re like married or some shit… On behalf of a lot of people on this forum, I’m gonna have to go ahead and ask you to act your age. Read through some of your threads, and figure out what you’re doing wrong, that you can change. Please… Stop… You’re hurting America.

rawr http://forums.son240sx.ca/images/icons/icon10.gif

I forgot, son240 is not a friendly place except for lowballin’ action. Can we fix it? No it’s fucked lol.

Solarian i know your car is so tyte like the pants of a man in the gay parade, but yo, it’s cool, I’m sure you’ve answered my question. It can’t be done I suppose.

Hey remember when I asked about running an sr20ve to save on front end weight/weight distribution and if it could be built up. People laughed/dissed. Guess what. It’s been done, I actually saw a video of one running on some japanese car show (i dont think it was hot version). It was built up and quite kick ass. Not quite 300whp lol… but it ran great.

It’s not what you say so much as how you say it.

What you want is an LS1 V8. Turbos are turbos and always will be. Appreciate them for what they are and what they do - create insane amounts of power : displacement, for the price of heat and lag OR don’t use them.

exactly. If u want a car that has lots of low end ur left with one option. Ls1. thats ur only choice. A turbo uses ur gas emissions from the engine to make power. there for the more power u want from a turbo the more lag it will have. Its a very simple concept. For a good all around SR with good low end and high end ur going to use the disco potato turbo aka the garret gt28rs. on stock internals it does wonders.

Just figure it out. Jap motors are more expensive in the long run for parts etc. an ls1 is easy to make tonnes of power. more power than a 240 would ever need.

If you said you have the money, then pay Sasha to help you swap an LS1 into your car. And 400whp? Do you ever plan on going to the track or are you going to build a track car to show off at a SON meet? If you just wanna drive on the street, a stock SR is still a lot of fun for the street.

It’s just that you run around spewing stupidity everywhere. Everything you post, you sound like some dumb 15 year old kid that reads mags. Hey guys, I want 400whp, no lag, a full front undertray diffuser, and largus sways guy! Why? Fuck if I know, that’s what the mags/internet tell me!
LEARN something. Educate your ignorant ass. What are you gonna do with your gay 400whp? Speed in farmers fields and then cry like a bitch when you get a ticket? You’re a sad sad man.

you want power go ls1.
you want power in numbers buy a corvette. or if you have the money buy a viper 500 whp 550ft/lbs torque. then your laughing

I’m sorry, but this is some serious burnage.

x2… ouch, haha.

lol…2.0L displacement. u wont get boost at 2rpm

u can get a sMALLER t2 turbo then the t25 and then the boost shuld be at 2krpm

dont do sr if u want that instant power at 2rpm… go corvette or 2jz :slight_smile: start with a higher displacement stock high hp engine

Wow what a bunch of fags. Since youre running stock piece of shit SRs im sure you have aspirations of having a rust bucket you’ll trash over and over again.

I want my car built for myself not your faggot asses. Shit…

Why buy a corvette, why buy a ferrari, why buy a porsche like omg so stupid stop reading magazines stop watching movies. Like OMG LS7, 500hp WOW so useless. Or oh oh oh, the new LS with 650hp and a supercharger on the upcoming SS, thats SOOOOOOOO stupiiiiddd…

Who gives a fuck? I want to own something that you may not want or you may not ever own and actually good, by your faggot attitude you should never. If you can’t give information then omg omg im stupid… fuck off?

Sorry but this forum is full of shit.

If a noob asks “so whats the dif btw an rb20det and sr20det” or whatever in some other forum, sure ppl will say search but theyll jump in the discussion cause they love their cars not be douchebags.

Ask anything here and you get “OMG you ask stupid questions you retard, blabla”

What a bunch of dickheads. Sheesh.

I don’t give a fuck that I got the ticket, as if you didn’t and if you didn’t im sure you sucked alot of cop cock, or better yet, speed 15km under the speed limit with your super race car rust buckets. Fuck… what losers.

Thanks for the help as usual.

Are you like jealous or something. Each time I speak of something better you get defensive to have to say “NO i dont have that you dont need that why do you want that you fool”. Fuck… Well maybe I want it and if you dont and cant have it and cant help me get it, fuck off. Stay with what you have.

Maybe you should just scrap having your stock SR mark, it’s too fast for you? It’s so fast, most new sports car can beat it off the line and still be quiet without going pshhht pshhht, should have stuck with the KA like me. How about your ebay strutbar, if I was getting a carbing or dc sports front and rear strut bar, or had a custom one built, it would be ‘omg so useless wth you need that for, farmlands’.

Ah well, useless…

Well… this thread went to shit as soon as Solarion started his post with “how old are you?”

a_ahmed was asking a question come on dude, if you have something personal against him just don’t post at all and pm him, no need to shit all over this thread. You know as well as me that the momment someone shits on a thread it becomes and shitting frenzy.

Back on topic…
I’ll try to put my 2 cents in based on the basics that I have learned, I could be wrong.
Lets assume you have an SR. The small displacement of the SR will prevent you from spooling quickly and making big power like 400whp at the same time. You need a fairly sized turbo to make 400whp and the SR just won’t blow enough exhaust in the low RPM range to spool a turbo that big or spool and smaller turbo just won’t blow enough PSI to make that much power. Turbos in general have ranges of effiencies, every turbo is good for X amount of power and X amount of PSI and it all happens during certain RPMs depending on your injectors and engine specifics. I couldn’t possibly explain any of this corectly as I don’t know it all myself. But on the good side, we have enough SR’s out there to know that if you want a good spooling turbo for the street that will get you 300whp you are looking at the GT28RS but it gets weak in the top end. If you want 400whp you are looking the GT2871r but it won’t spool to full boost until the 4000RPM range.
For the KA you should look at KA-T.org and see what the most common turbo and HP outputs are around there.

I too have wondered similar questions in an effort to understand turbos, spool times, and power goals.
Go through the 3 tech articles on Garrett’s site below, they are confusing but they will help you understand turbos and generally what is best for your type of HP goal and engine.

Garrett Turbo tech 101:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech101.html

Garret Turbo tech 102:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech102.html

Garrett Turbo tech 103:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech103.html

Hope this helps somewhat and wasn’t too hard to understand

Man that was an awesome post… thanks, I really appreciate it, I was hoping for a discussion and not a “you will never use that”, “why do you need that”, “you’re stupid”, “You make stupid posts”, and the usual spewed crap…

I can not make up my mind on a power plant until I can decide on a number of factors… I don’t want this an all out drag car… therefore lag is an issue… but I want to build it up enough to have plenty of power total…

It’s mind boggling to make up a choice… as I do not want to regret spending money and then not being satisfied with it, which is what has happened and has cost me plenty of wasted money…

I want to keep the weight down, back and low with the engine, so SR and CA seem logical choices, but… with power goals in mind as well, it can’t be done it seems without lag.

How much would a ported, and built up head be able to blow more is also the question… I don’t know…

I was thinking first rb20det with full race mounting kit as it could push back the engine furthest back, but, its torque sucks more than even sr20det at the low end… rb25det is really heavy on the other hand, even if i went with the fullrace mounting kit… which really really pushes it back…

LS1, I have yet to see more in depth information of people with these kinds of cars… I can’t wait to hear from jam on here when he finally finishes it…

KAT, sounds tempting, I often wonder if it’s a better choice than an rb25det… but it will need custom computer for a descent tune… and alot more work in some ways, and in the end again more weight up front…

easy answere nos (me id never us it but… it will build power fast er in the low end)

change ring and pinion gear (it does not make you spool at a lower rpm but the car will rev way faster and put you in boost way faster.) 4.3 or if you realy want 4.6 The draw back is you will run out of gear faster and highway cruising will be at a way higher rpm but hey in boost.

change your trany gears

Nothing will help your turbo spool at a lower rpm but changing gears will effectivly make that rpm come sooner (kinda like the same thing)

hope this answere helps

Mael

I DO have something personal against him actually. Everytime he posts something, it just makes me do this (where’s my Picard???) Normally, I let it go, unless he does 3+ stupid posts within a short time span, then his idiocy overwhelms me, and I feel the need to yell at him to go die or something.