Possible to build a 400whp sr that spools by 2000-3000rpm?

What did you expect ? and in all honestly… asking if you can make 400whp but still get turbo spool at 2000rpm is a STUPID QUESTION!

If you knew anything about how a turbo worked then you would just know that its not possible to produce 400whp on the SR and still have the turbo spooling at 2000rpm

If you researched it breifly before posting and found threads on here where people with GT2871s dyno in around 350whp but arent seeing turbo spool till the 3500-4000rpm range then you’d realize there is no way in hell you will make that kind of power and still spool up at a low RPM. BUT instead, you decided to post vs researching it on your own and you got flammed… lesson learned I hope.

^Nope, on another forum if someone asks such a question, they get answers not disses and a circus of clowns responding thinking they’re so mature.

Sorry it seems everything is impossible and useless on this forum. It’s because you have no damn aspirations, and then when someone has something that you do not, you act arrogant and insolent. I’m not surprised however, when everyone cheapens out on everything and rides rust buckets. My discussion audience level is much lower then.

When I asked whether it’s possible to build up an sr20ve everyone was like LOL LOL idiot, don’t you know you can’t even get 200whp out of a KA24DE, lol lol lol, its going to suck.

But I actually found a built up sr20ve car in some jap video (not hot version or best motoring), it was actually phenomenal, the reason I asked was because I was simply wondering how far can it be taken. Instead everyone laughed and dissed saying it’s a stupid thing to do and won’t yield anything.

Actually that car was very nice in it’s handling and even acceleration… it was a well balanced car. Something I didn’t consider stupid.

Now you think what Im saying is stupid because it can’t be done as well…

So much for bloody fucken innovation or pondering on possibilities, stupid indeed.

Instead of giving advice as to how to improve low end, realistic goals, whatever… you’re giving bullshit back, to the exception of a few.

The whole POINT of a discussion is to throw ideas out, thoughts, aspirations, and something to get done, something possibly new. You don’t think on that level and I don’t think you ever will.

It’s like if we went back ten years and someone said lets build a car that can go 250mph, boom we have a bugatti veyron, saleen twin turbo, tt vipers and ever so many cars that can attain those speeds (useless anywhere even the track maybe) but hey… it’s awesome.

Do you think anything will ever get done if people have the mentality you do? Never, or at least you’ll remain a clone of another clone of another clone and get nothing done.

I honestly fail to see why I keep posting on here when all I get is retard postings… so much for a local community. That is why this community will remain known of having only rust buckets, stock SRs, rude people, and a bad reputation. I don’t know of any other forum with as much of a bad reputation on every other 240 forum… As if SRs are so great, getting a motor from a japanese junkyard that was stock in japan and just not here.

Even when I asked about running 275/40 or 35/17 tires all around a long time ago and what that would yield, pretty unrealistic, but hey, I did not get dissed or insulted on other forums, as they know and have done these things…or… know that i do not need them or if i had them what i would ge tand so on so forth. They were polite and informative, they knew what they were talking about. You don’t. You just talk shit thinking you’re the greatest. That’s the key difference.

Ahmed - yes stock sr’s are P.O.S overrated engines I agree. Stay with your auto ka. you will be much happier.

if you ask a stupid question, you usually get stupid answers.

(yes, asking if a 400whp SR will “spool” by 2000rpm is stupid)

thats exactly why you should just NOT post. I’ve been surfing son ever since it started, i only recently made an account, and i barely post.

go 2 a real 240sx forum.

I’m surprised you haven’t already learned your lesson.

I know that with every motor your “Pondering” you plan to build it or w.e. But with any turbo motor u will need a custom computer. whether it be a safc, or a standalone. or an ecu done at jwt or w.e u will need something done to the ecu on fuel injected motors. You cant just up hp without changing injectors etc, and that means ur computer wont be putting out enough fuel and BOOM there goes ur motor. ka’t is a good choice for a little fun on a cheaper budget. Theres a few guys with only 2 grand into their ka and its turboed with a t25 run on a safc etc etc. Probably around as fast as an sr if not faster, but alot more torque.

I whole heartedly agree, I’m sure everyone would be much happier not having to read whatever random excrement a_ahmed felt like posting.

Ahmed, just stop posting. Please. And yes, once again, my stock SR is slow, it’s a stock SR, what do you expect? Did I ever say my car was fast? You’re probably the biggest idiot on SON next to me. But even then, i think you have taken it to the next level.

And if you didn’t give a shit about getting that speeding ticket, you wouldn’t have posted it in members chat bitching about cops and money and all that shit. Stop being a hypocrite.

And if you hate this forum so much, just stop fucking posting. You repeat the same shit OVER and OVER again. Stop with this “LOLOL” bullshit.

Just stick with your auto KA and 275/45/17s tires and 6 pot ultra lightweight stoptech brakes with hawk full racing pads.

P.S I totally agree with Solarian as well.

lol… ppl always starts flame wars… regardless the situation… even if its happy it turns to angry

lol@son

anyways ive decided to go kat, i will build up a ka and go turbo, already know what ill do to offset the weight to the back and make it lighter

Good luck with the build. I don’t know too much about turbo’s but I know there is such a thing as a variable geometry turbo that has vains that adjust to different pressures. You might be able to use this to get better boost at low rpm and still have a good turbo for high rpm as well. Here is a little bit of info I found on the VGT off wikipedia.

Variable geometry turbochargers (VGTs) are a family of turbochargers, usually designed to allow the effective A/R ratio of the turbo to be altered as conditions change. This is done because optimum A/R at low engine speeds is very different from that at high engine speeds. If the A/R ratio is too large, the turbo will fail to create boost at low speeds; if the A/R ratio is too small, the turbo will choke the engine at high speeds, leading to large exhaust manifold pressures, high pumping losses and ultimately lower power output. By altering the geometry of the turbine housing as the engine accelerates, the turbo’s A/R ratio can be maintained at its optimum. Because of this, VGTs have a minimal amount of lag, have a low boost threshold and are very efficient at higher engine speeds. In many configurations, VGTs do not even require a wastegate, however this depends on whether the fully open position is sufficiently open to allow boost to be controlled to the desired level at all times. Some VGT implementations have been known to over-boost if a wastegate is not fitted.

Hope this helps out.

Not that I care to hear it, I just want to make an unofficial bet with the rest of SON, that what you are going to suggest is either stupid, obvious or inneffective.

He can start by losing some weight.

buddy lay off… holly crap, i meant he shouldn’t post because of ppl like your jumping down everyones throat.

you post alot of drama here as well… let the man do what he wants to do.

In before the lock

I was actually going to say, KA-T might be a decent idea for what it sounded like you were looking for.

I’d say shoot for 250whp or so first, and then get a feel for how much more you want from there.

I didn’t read most of this silly thread but I have two point to respond to

1. You’re right, my car does not progress but when it does you are welcome to go for a ride to decide if you like how NA feels.

2. There are a few ways to spool 400whp worth of SR quickly, but unfortunately none of them will do it by “2000-3000” rpm. However, the RPM at which a turbo spools isn’t the be-all-end-all deciding factor, it’s more complicated than that. You would be best posting a similar thread on a more educated (in general) forum like freshalloy. And instead of asking for a specific spool range just ask what the quickest way to do it is.

Another suggest I have is to be nice to Hurricane and and ask him for a ride in his car in a few weeks when his new turbo is on. He went with what is supposed to be the quickest response 450whp setup for SR on the market right now (bolt-on, at least). I’m not going to go in to details of his setup because I’m not sure if he’s been posting it here or not, but it doesn’t really matter - just try to get him to take you for a ride and any of your thoughts of “at what rpm does it spool at” will be blown out of the window. Like I said, it’s more complicated than that.

Not true. I remember reading that thread on Nico. You even had the owner telling you off. He said it nicely instead of flaming, but the gist of it was you were an idiot for planning to buy these insanely wide tires, when you still have no idea what engine you are going to be running.

The problem that I can see with you is that you constantly dole out advice and experience like you are always 100% right, and then when someone disagrees with you, you get all pissy. Who gives a shit if someone flames you. Instead of just ignoring it, you play right into their hands and reply back with a long slew of poorly written and barely legible personal attacks. And then you proceed to make retarded threads that make no sense. Funny how you can be such a know it all and still know nothing. Settle down, take a chill pill, post in english and people may eventually start being able to tolerate you.

Oh yeah, and even though it is not good for high power output, I have only heard good things about the GT28RS. Sport compact car used that in their project 240, and the were raving about the response that thing had. I definately suggest driving people’s cars that are at various power levels. 400 hp is alot in a car as light as yours. The LS1 pretty much has the best torque cruve I have ever seen. It is pretty much flat from 1500 rpm all the way up to 6000.

The new BMW 335i has a twin turboed 3 litre engine. Max torque is available from 1500 rpm up to 5600 I believe. Insanely responsive, but I have a feeling they would get maxed out pretty easily at the higher rpms

lol no ones moderating anyway