Possible to build a 400whp sr that spools by 2000-3000rpm?

Ya I have noticed that,

Meh not my problem

the New Acura RDX has this i believe, never seen a turbo like this for sale, what would be the price, anyone have any more info on this

I think they are pretty expensive, and they need a whole bunch of other supporting stuff to go with them. Porsche used to have this on a couple of cars. I don’t know if they still do now or not.

Don’t quote me on this but I think most new transport trucks are running this technology. You might be able to hit up a turbo rebuilder and see if they have the info on the VGT.

The RDX also makes less power, has worse fuel economy and a worse 0-100 time than the Toyota Rav4, which is running a normally aspirated V6.

VNT turbo’s require a hydraulic source tuned to load and rpm ( like a fuel map). Some companies have ried electical or pressure ystmes that work in a linear fashion, but none have added dramic power for the cost of the product. hydraulic actuated VNT’s ( variable nacelle turbos) are the best product so far, allot of ford/chevy/dodge diesel’s now use them and larger Harley turbo kits have been using them for awhile now. for what your paying for one VNT, you’d be further ahead reworking the head/vavletrain, manifold, intake and plenum.

GT35R at 16psi + a big shot of spray = 400rwhp at 3000rpm

i just dont think anyone realyl wants this locked anyways.

TDI Volswagens have been using VGT for a while as well. But no, a_ahmed, you can’t just bolt a turbo designed for a diesel on your gas powered car, before you even think about it.

You’ve been given pleanty of good suggestions on this thread in addition to the flaming, but you seem to be only focusing on the flaming. That’s pretty weak dude. And something to consider, if everyone on the internet, people who’ve only dealt with you electronically; and we’re talking like more than 2000 people here, think you’re a douche, chances are, you’re a douche.

but the RDX is batman’s DD … so its obviously better

lo u want 400 horse easy, i have a solution, this is borat stylezz , yo buy out a horse farm and tie thoses badboyz on the front of ur car and , rar rar horsey rarrr!!! with 400 of those fuckers pulling lol no turbo, vtech , mivec , ls1 any of the bs can beat u, lol u will b king of the street!! lol!!

remove turbo, install supercharger.

Very good Idea. Its really possible actually. at 3000 why not. Run a small ass turbo like the one from a golf and then a t3 super. Like the Rotaries do.

Yeah go pick up Porsches new turbo setup, no lag all the power in the world with a price tag over $5000 lovely

Some guy was making a sequential turbo for the KA24DE. I think it was on the JGS forums. The amount of custom work and fabrication was through the roof.

Have you ever seen the vac system for an rx7? It is like a big plate of spaghetti

http://www.negative-camber.org/crispyrx7/vacuumhosebefore.jpg :wink: I never said its cheap but he asked and I answered.

HKS has been researching the VGT. I’ve seen a small picture in a mag. Give them a call maybe they’ll sponser you to run their new turbo. Hey its just as likely as 400hp at 2000rpm.

what the hell are you talking about, running sequential turbos requires actuators with some form of load/rpm based control system… Sure it’s possible IF you go out and buy a piggyback computer system that you can slave to solenoids and actuators to run the system… then of course you need to actually tune the system, after you’ve designed a header that has the proper bypass and shunt valves.
This speculation is all moot because after years of experience to work from, 99% of 400hp FD’s use a big single NOT the twins…
I hope your not saying that the FD uses a T3 super 60 as it’s ‘large’ side turbo… it’s NOT even a garrett, it’s a Hitachi turbo ( HT12’s to be exact) and the size is smaller then a T25 on a CA18

Adding more turbos does not automatically give your car some sort of ability to break the laws of physics… your engine flows X amount of useable exhaust energy, you can’t make it have more… and using twin turbos in a sequential manner actually reduces the the useable energy due to eff. losses. simple fact is you can’t have both unless your ready to Co-charge or accept the fact that the more HP you want the further up the power band your going to have to travel to get it…

Agreed.

There are ways to spool a 2 liter motor earlier, they just arent economically feasible. Happy suggested spraying to spool, it works great, but it’s expensive. Same with variable vane turbos, they’re expensive.

You’re best bet would be to look at a twin scroll IHI turbos. As they’re engineered to spool early but without the added cost of variable vane.

However that being said, there are only 2 motors that can effortlessly spool a larger turbo that is 2liters and under. Thats the 13b, and the 20b rotaries…

first of all get 200rwhp coils and a seat and a diff and see how much fun that is

then go 250rwhp

then 300rwhp

then 350rwhp

then if your still bored killyourself