Cheapest way to 400 whp

When I say cheapest, I mean by making it reliable as well. Rb25det or sr20det? I’ve been collecting a lot of data, and it seem as if the rb25 internals are better able to handle the higher hp than that of the sr20.

Thanks

ls1.

+1 for all aluminum V8

If you said 300whp, I’d say KA-T with a good tune (ROM+SAFC or standalone) on stock internals, felpro HG and forged pistons at most.

Just go SR.

Cheaper parts ready to pick up. This has been covered like mad cow

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick two.

^Repost of a repost of a repost. Coming from someone who likes to scream OLD. :stuck_out_tongue: Double standards much? lol

easiest way to go 400? Buy my car? LOL

Obviously its old but it directly relates to this dude’s situation. And I’m not playing it like it’s my quote nor did I say it’s new.

The OP is obviously a clown and probably hasn’t even been in a 240 with 300whp.

Fail.

He said cheapest.

People don’t realize how fucking fast 300whp is in a 240…seriously.

That’s why i said he was a clown. :wink:

300whp is wood.

LS1 swap is definitely NOT the cheapest way to get 400whp LOL!
Personally, I wouldn’t even aim for 400whp, but if that was my goal, I’d go SR or a near stock 2JZ swap.

my car is just barely making that and it is soooo enough.

i laugh everytime someone wants 450whp in an S13… it doesnt make sense… you’ll never get to use it all and when you get onto the road course or even in drift, the guys who put the money into suspension and brakes with 20% less power will always be faster and better.

Exactly.

But everyone just wants to show off who has the most power.

It’s a guy thing. Every guys wants to have the biggest d*ck in the room.

P.S Did I forget to mention that I have a 501whp 240? :smiley:

i raised my the front of my car up a bit at Dunnville in the middle of the day and picked up massive time just from that… adding more HP would have done absolutely nothing, probably would have made the car harder to drive.

Sasha was just telling me last night how Brigger’s came to realise that 400+whp was unnecessary… stay at low boost, keep the motor together and RIIIIPPPPPPPPTEC!!1

I want 666hp…
My excuse?
Well obviously the devil made me do it!

I’ve concluded that a nicely modded SR making around 280whp is plenty fun.
To the OP, the RB25 will make 400whp with less mods and it will handle the power better than the SR.
But, the initial cost will be higher…

i bet by the end of this summer, his s14 will either still have the KA in it or no motor at all.

im in the middle of making my sr about 330 or so hp. got that turbo upgrade kit from varun… GT2871R, 740cc inj, power fc, apexi HG and that alone has cost me more than i had planned… wouldnt want to see what a 400+ hp sr would cost… let alone swapping for an rb and pushing 400+

go for the mid 300s hp wise

lol, i bet that he will be selling his car by the end of summer.