Cheapest way to 400 whp

B20VTEC

Theres no real “cheap” way to 400 hp. Not unless you buy the parts used or stolen and do most of the work yourself.

Cheapest + 400whp = oxymoron…

Failure is on the rise…

i found with cars, when it starts off with cheapest way to… your probabley goin to have to redo it and spend the more then just doing it right in the first place, and 300hp in a s14 is fuckin fast

Stage 3 NOS …Cheapest!

…But it might blow the welds off the intake and then me and the mad scientist will have to tare apart the block to replace the pistons that you will fry…

I’m sorry …it just came to me for some reason?

Cheapest way is to buy one thats already built. wish I had done that and saved $$$$

:fnf2:

This thread is epic fail and made me lol. Going from a KA, 155hp engine to 400whp is quite the jump kiddo!

are taking the car to Pinks?

SR will give you quick / reliable power (keep it on stock boost).

350-360 hp is more than enough in a 240 grab a sr20det, gt2871r, engine management system, cams, and etc. I guarantee you will have fun with that…

So far i have plenty of fun with my SR with FMIC exhaust and boost controller, put it up to 9psi when your bored of it stock and you will have fun again lol.

Actually there is a cheap way to 400whp… with a v8… but iron block v8.

The cousin of the ls1, the truck motors which are 5.3liter v8s… put some cams on and you should get close enough. These things are ultra cheap, if you do custom mounts, local steel driveshaft, done son… dont even have to use a t56, could use an auto or custom t5 or something… it will have torque to rape anything.

Just go rb20 and buy some cams, a bigger turbo, fmic and 3.5 inch exhaust and a tune, itll be about $4500 and make about 350

Actually, it’s more of a fat brother to the LS1. They also came in 5.7L and 6L variations. I believe a 6.2L version is there as well.
These engine still go for about $1500 on kijiji without a tranny.
However, the LS1 is heavy enough as it is being made out of aluminum. No sense trying to add more weight with the iron variant.
The torque will rape anything. If you can put the power to the ground effectively.

Simple, don’t run stretched whore zilvia fashioned tires and wheel combos and maybe there will be traction :smiley:

Think v8 + sticky 335s on the back = full of win. It’s not impossible…

These are all hypotheticals. The bottom line is there is no such thing as quality and cheap in the same sentence. You get what you pay for. Deal with it.

best way to 400 is rb26dett in the bay, 280 atleast at the crank stock with flexibility up to 450-550 on factory setup essentially… now thats win but at the cost of $10000+ not really plausible

put on a couple of stickers and you will get well over 400hp easy…but seriously, if you do try and make that much power dont cheap out.

some real ignorant people on this board, i would wonder how they carry on in their daily lives. For those who did give some useful feedback thanks.

Cheapest? Either LS1 or RB25 if you are staying Nissan.

That’s a bold statement, considering your initial question. However, I suppose “cheap” is a relative term.