Best Way to Get 300whp+ on a 240sx shell

This may have been posted before but I’m new and I searched and couldn’t find anything.

Basically, I will likely be using the sr20det engine, but I am still considering the rb20det and rb25det engines. I was wondering if people who have 300+ hp on there 240’s could tell me what they have done.

I know that the rb25det engine costs a lot more than both other engines, and cost IS an issue here, I’m definately willing to spend about 4 grand under the hood, maybe a little more.

If I go with the rb25 engine will I have to invest quite a bit more money to increase it to 300 or are the mods fairly simple?

If Im going to go with the sr20 or rb20, will i need a bigger turbo set up to pull 300hp at the wheels?

Basically just looking for some pointers with this one, and looking for the cheapest easiest way to pull 300+ hp to the wheels.

Cheap & Easy do not go together…

If you want 300whp on a KA or SR you’d be looking around $1500-$3000 (depending on what kind of parts and whether their new/used) and that wouldnt even include an SR20 motor set or a FMIC etc etc…

I’d imagine anyone on this forum making 300+whp has got atleast $5000 invested into their engine/setup.

he’s right

i have a fairly decent ammount of cash invested in my motor, whih i dont wantg to disclose

and i doubt im making 200 yet

still 7 lbs tho, soon to be 10, then 12 once a few more parts come in

or you could just buy my coupe for alot more then you planed to spend
but youd get more the 300whp

how much for your coupe?

The cheapest option would be to KA-T. If your motor is in good condition stock internals should hold 300WHP with a good tune. If you are going to beat on it a lot I would suggest a rebuild with forged internals.

Cheapest way to have 300whp is not to be cheap and build everything right the first time.

turbo - 2871R or S15
Injectors - 550cc or bigger
Rom ECU or EMS
300ZX MAF
Front Mount IC
Full 3-inch exhaust